Any M7040 Issues

/ Any M7040 Issues
Thanks, and not in a hurry, actually don't "need" a tractor but do want one. Don't like using my buddy's tractor, rather use my own.

Do like the cab 7040 that needs tires and think it would be a good one. Figure after adding tires, filling rears with liquid, I'm close to the new open tractor. If it had good tires I would be much closer to doing it.

Like the older ones because no regen with it. If the new tractors are anything like my F3990, it will regen about every 10 to 12 hours. The F3990 is not much of an issue because when its running, its wide open, but most (including me) don't run a tractor at wide open.

/ Any M7040 Issues
Maybe someone clear something up for me. I have a backhoe with hydraulic shuttle shift. I can stop the machine in gear and the motor doesn't die or labor. I'm on the tractor in town and the F/R shifter is on the steering column but if I tried to stop the tractor without pushing in on the clutch, the engine was getting loaded up and would die if I didn't push the clutch in

Why is Hydro shuttle better then sync and what's the difference?

/ Any M7040 Issues #23  
the hydro shuttle vs synchro is simple. either one performs the same task of going F/R w/o having to shift gears. the hydro on the M series operates without having to use clutch to engage F/R. The synchro version requires clutch depression to shift from F/R, etc. (w/o shifting gears) someone else can probably explain it in more simple terms.
good luck. maybe the dealer would warranty that cab M7040

in addition: the hydro shuttle consists of a wet clutch pack, apparently more long lived than the conventional single dry clutch of the shuttle shift.

/ Any M7040 Issues
The synchro version requires clutch depression to shift from F/R, etc. (w/o shifting gears)

Who knows, maybe the on in town was a sync and not a hydro because I had to depress the clutch, because I could not stop it without it dying

/ Any M7040 Issues #25  
The shifter (F/R lever) on the steering column is only used to go forward, reverse, or neutral. These tractors do not have a torque converter like some construction machines have. In other words, you have to push the clutch in to stop unless you are in neutral either thru the F/R lever or the gearbox. The F/R lever does not require the use of the foot clutch.

/ Any M7040 Issues #26  
"The F/R lever does not require the use of the foot clutch" Ortimber

correct, for the hydro shuttle but the shuttle shift version (accomplishing the same thing) requires clutch depression for F/R on column

/ Any M7040 Issues
Not real sure I have it, but if you have to depress the clutch if its in gear to stop, then its close to the same as sync. So you can be rolling forward and shift to reverse without issue? I'm thinking there could be an issue. Maybe the plus is you can be rolling forward and shift to neutral without the clutch, but to change direction you need to ease out on the clutch

/ Any M7040 Issues #28  
are you familiar with std gear operation on a tractor, aside from the reverser?

/ Any M7040 Issues #29  
"hydraulic shuttle" while clutchless operation, is not a torque converter, you still have to disengage the shuttle (lever or clutch pedal) to STOP the tractor.

/ Any M7040 Issues #30  
FWIW, I just picked up an M7040 with cab, MFWD and loader with just under 1k hours. Couldn’t be any more pleased with it and am super happy I went this way instead of green or others I looked at.