Any M7040 Issues

/ Any M7040 Issues #41  
I had the 8 speed on mine, but really should’ve gotten the 12. I had a really hard time getting the correct ground speed when raking and baling hay.

/ Any M7040 Issues #42  
I had the 8 speed on mine, but really should’ve gotten the 12. I had a really hard time getting the correct ground speed when raking and baling hay.

Let off the throttle a little?

/ Any M7040 Issues #43  
My MF runs 25 mph...drives and rides very nice

No issues at all...
I guess the engineers calculate power to weight ratios coupled with wheel base etc...
That speed is with a 3 point 1500# 10 foot bush hog attached...
It makes transport to the other farm very quick...

You guys are living the dream. I top out at 17mph and every now and then take a dreaded 20 mile trip.

/ Any M7040 Issues #44  
Let off the throttle a little?

My 7040 had a large jump in speed going from 3rd to 4th and really needed something in between.

Windrows have thick and thin areas and require speed adjustment to help keep hay bales consistent. I generally keep the tractor at PTO rpm but always struggled matching ground speed to the ever changing hay conditions.

Non Ag tasks didn’t suffer as much having only 8 speeds. I replaced that tractor with one that has 32 speeds. That is sweet..

/ Any M7040 Issues #45  
My 7040 had a large jump in speed going from 3rd to 4th and really needed something in between.

Windrows have thick and thin areas and require speed adjustment to help keep hay bales consistent. I generally keep the tractor at PTO rpm but always struggled matching ground speed to the ever changing hay conditions.

Non Ag tasks didn’t suffer as much having only 8 speeds. I replaced that tractor with one that has 32 speeds. That is sweet..

Having baled hay, I can understand that. You're right.