Any one heard of the new M62 coming out?

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #91  
They are here. Mine is at the dealer getting the thumb installed and I should be digging in a few days. I stopped by to look at it, the first thing I noticed was no more clutch.

Thats great. Do you have experience with the m59? Cant wait for you to get it home and give a report with lots of pics:drool:, and maybe any difference you see over the m59.

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #92  
Only nice thing about that clutch is feathering PTO implements, or stopping your PTO quickly.

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #93  
They are here. Mine is at the dealer getting the thumb installed and I should be digging in a few days. I stopped by to look at it, the first thing I noticed was no more clutch.

Which size BH bucket did you decide on?

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #94  
I have experience with the m59 but never owned one, so its limited. The m62 came from the factory with a 24" BH bucket but I also got a 18" for trenching.

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #95  
To kind of answer Hersheyfarm

I didn't see a lot of difference other then the color change and the BH is now 14 foot which Kubota is quick to point out with a big number 14 on it. Under the hood is now tier 4 but you wouldn't notice just by looking. The dash board is redesigned a little and has a regen override button so you can stop it or cancel it. Just has DPF but doesn't use DEF.....yet. It has the same FEL as the m59 so nothing new there. I like the no clutch, it was always a huge pain if you wanted to break one wheel to turn, but I bet kubotas main reason to remove it was cost savings.

If anyone wants to see something up close let me know. According to the dealer the m62 is a hot item, folks from all over are driving there to see it, and the ones they got in are all sold.

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #96  
I've always wondered why that clutch was there in the first place. Kubota calls it a "traveling clutch" to distinguish it from the separate PTO clutch. It strikes me that such a tradtional driveline or traveling clutch isn't much use when a machine has such low gearing that it will spin all tires at an idle rather than stall. And HST doesn't need a clutch since the central pedal position serves that function. In fact, the whole HST system is a sort of variable fluid clutch.
Possibly the traveling clutch was envisioned as a safety feature of some kind? In 8 years I wouldn't have used the clutch on mine a single time were it not for its being part of the starter safety switch circuit. Having it there has kept me from doing the stupid thing of starting the tractor to warm it up while standing beside it out of pure laziness. So I thank Kubota for that. Though for all the other use it's gotten, my M59 clutch assembly could have been replaced with a switch in the seat.

Dang, I've run on about the clutch and just now getting to what I wanted to ask, which is:
Is there anything on the left side of the steering column where the clutch pedal used to be? Did Kubota move the brakes and HST control over more to the center?
good luck with your machine,
rScotty

Through the years with one introduction or another it was explained that petal also dis-engages the transmission which would also reduce the starter load. This is a major advantage with cold starting!

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #97  
To kind of answer Hersheyfarm

I didn't see a lot of difference other then the color change and the BH is now 14 foot which Kubota is quick to point out with a big number 14 on it. Under the hood is now tier 4 but you wouldn't notice just by looking. The dash board is redesigned a little and has a regen override button so you can stop it or cancel it. Just has DPF but doesn't use DEF.....yet. It has the same FEL as the m59 so nothing new there. I like the no clutch, it was always a huge pain if you wanted to break one wheel to turn, but I bet kubotas main reason to remove it was cost savings.

If anyone wants to see something up close let me know. According to the dealer the m62 is a hot item, folks from all over are driving there to see it, and the ones they got in are all sold.

I am curious if the extra HP will help with the FEL. It struggles getting a full scoop sometimes, and as for the back hoe, I wonder if the 2 extra feet causes any loss in break out force because of the increased angle. But that could be the need for the 3 more hp. Any pics of console and actual brake and go pedal configuration would be great.

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #98  
I am curious if the extra HP will help with the FEL. It struggles getting a full scoop sometimes, and as for the back hoe, I wonder if the 2 extra feet causes any loss in break out force because of the increased angle. But that could be the need for the 3 more hp. Any pics of console and actual brake and go pedal configuration would be great.

Make sure you running 2750 to 2900 Psi hydarulic pressure.

These pumps can take it. I would hope they upsized the cylindres a bit on the 14' hoe?

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #99  
Looking at the M62 brochure vs the M59 brochure the loader specs are identical and the BH are a 30 lbs lower for the bucket and 75 lbs higher for the dipperstick. Even though it has a few more hp I assume its still the same hydro pump etc. I also noticed the m62 is about 700 lbs heavier with the larger BH weighing 200 lbs more. Maybe someone on this site would know where the extra 500 lbs came from.
The tier 4 stuff couldn't weigh that much.

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #100  
500 LBS, MAYBE the weight was spec'd with the CAB? In any case the L45 & M59 are way too light and any extra metal should be appreciated.

I wish the M47 had the 29x10 x 16.5 front tire, a 43x16 x20 rear, while the M62 had 33x 12 x 16.5 tires in the front, and a bit stronger loader.

The weak point of my L39 is that Grand L front axle which was upgraded on the L45.