Any one heard of the new M62 coming out?

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #111  
So, perhaps I should have posted this here to begin with, but I posted in the M59 discussion thread Although, I assume the audience to both threads are the same, just throwing this out there in case anyone has any input...

I was going to post this in the new M62 thread but figured there were more owners here.

I have a question regarding size.

Is the M59/62 physically any bigger than the L5740? I know the framework for the FEL is larger, more substantial, and same with the backhoe mount, but is the actual size of the tractor itself, any different from the 5740?

I've looked at the specs on tractordata, and it is difficult to tell because the dimensions and weights for the M59 is listed with the loader and backhoe attached, vs the tractor only weight for the 5740.

I'm wondering if the difference is just the extra steel on the FEL and backhoe that make up the differences, or, if it is a completely different frame altogether????

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #112  
Piston, you know how things go after you buy something new, your selective attention kicks in. I could spot a Kubota TLB a mile away right now. Seeing an M59 from inside my truck passing by I think they are overall the same size. The only thing that makes an M62 appear larger and heavier is the bigger backhoe & the added meat for the FEL, otherwise dimensional the same. Not discounting the additional weight, actually I'm counting on it. I think it cones from adding the steel back into the frame components. It's no secret that ALL the vehicle mfg. are saving weight by literally shaving the metal off .001" at a time. This is the main reason I went to an M62, coming out of an L3901. The L3901 is a thin framed tractor, they thinned the frame & used more gussets/bracing which I'm afraid is going to bite everyone in the rear in the coming years. These thinned frames are the same strength when doing failure analysis on a computer but real world forces aren't as specific, obviously there are more forces at work than what they can model for. We easily bent our FEL bucket on the L3901 in less than 30 hrs. We used a come-a-long to straighten the bottom back out but the since the metal of the bucket was so thin the entire bucket was weakened and easily bent again in about an hours time.

What you have is lower level of abuse that tractors will be able to stand. In other words the more modern equipment produced today will have less tolerance for any use outside what it was specifically designed for. I know that fly's in the face of what we know a tractor is but emissions stds. and mfg. costs ***** all others. When a mfg. can produce a new model product while maintaining the same performance specs. & trimming weight, something will lose out. This is why I was glad to see the weight increase on the M62.

Lastly I consider this to be unilateral with all mfg. no one is immune to it, you either have to embrace the Tier IV emissions and all that comes with it or go find some used equipment for now. I hope they figure out how to get the power from a gasoline engine or clean up the emissions on the diesel engine soon because no one will be able to carry this extra expense for very long considering the neighboring countries don't have half the emissions standards we have.

Sorry for the rant...

Wormwood

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #113  
Wormwood,
I'm wondering if the frame of the M62 is physically larger and different than the Kubota L5740 or L6060? I know that the backhoe frame and FEL frame are integrated and much more substantial on the M62 than the L series, but let's say you were to remove the entire FEL and backhoe frame, would you be left with an L6060?

Or is it a completely different tractor from the ground up?

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #114  
Yeah, sorry. After I reread it, I realized my reply sorta missed the target altogether....

The L6060 shares a bunch of components like the front axle looks the same, rear axle as well. I wouldn't think, with all the unique features like the cab, a mid pto, an HO alternator and ac compressor that they could use the same frame for both.... However!

The M62 weighs 8925lbs. with FEL & backhoe

The L6060 weighs 4376lbs. with the cab
The LA1055 weighs 1411lbs.
The FEL buckets weigh 331-397lbs. depending on shape
The BH92 weighs 1800lbs.
The backhoe buckets weigh 119-229lbs. depending on size
So maxed out the L6060 weighs 8213lbs.

If you consider the M62's backhoe and the FEL, it's reasonable to assume they do share the same frame...
I gotta go pick up my thumb tomorrow and they have a L6060 in the showroom. So I take a look maybe take a picture or two and post tomorrow.

Wormwood

I couldn't resist, here's a shot of the property, the pin oak is so big it dwarfs my truck!!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #115  
You got it this time Wormwood :D Thanks for the breakdowns. I'd be interested to see some pics if you get them.

That photo, and your property, are absolutely gorgeous! How bout some more with the M62 in them! :D

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #116  
Well, I gave it my best shot today. The Grand L was gone and they moved an M5 into the showroom, so I ask my saleman he said nope it's different frame altogether. So then I poked around the parts dept. couldn't find any cross-over or superceded part #'s that were common between the M62 & L6060. Thr parts guy I always buy from said the TLB part #'s are always slightly different. The subassemblies or part #'s that comprise of a group of parts that make a kit or assembly are never the same between the tractors & the TLB's. for example I was trying to get a set of telescoping lower links for my 3pt. Kubota's offers the 3pt. Only as a complete kit, however the on L6060 a telescoping lower link is made up of ~20 part #'s. My salesman said they did that because of the differences between individual & commercial customers.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, I can say the weights I listed above are accurate and irregardless whether Kubota uses the same frame or not, pure math would tell us that they both frames would have to be close to the same weight.

Wormwood

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #117  
"A" for effort wormwood! What, no picks of the M5!?!?! :)

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #118  
here you go...

image.jpeg

this is the new M series M5-111, nice tractor, but it's the 12' winged bushhog that's got my interest. :)

Since my daughter loves driving these things, I'm sure I can snap some more shots soon. Heh, she'd be really upset if she realized I never take my eyes off her win she at the controls because... Well, call me sexist, but she is a woman operating a piece of machinery.

As much rain as we've gotten so far, it'll take a couple of days for things to dry up enough to get back out there, hopefully by this weekend. I've got a bunch Geofabric and drainpipe delivering next Monday for our driveway. I was expecting to get started on it today, so we'll see.

Wormwood

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #119  
I've got a question....

On the M59 the hydraulic thumb is a BT4599 and is intended for use on the BT1200 backhoe with either pin on or quick attach buckets. Will the same thumb fit on the M62 with a BT1400 backhoe?

I'm wondering if the ram may be too short since the dipperstick is slightly longer, it would depend on where the mount is on the M62 for the cylinder. This assumes the diameter is the same for all the pins.

Wormwood

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #120  
I've got a question....

On the M59 the hydraulic thumb is a BT4599 and is intended for use on the BT1200 backhoe with either pin on or quick attach buckets. Will the same thumb fit on the M62 with a BT1400 backhoe?

I'm wondering if the ram may be too short since the dipperstick is slightly longer, it would depend on where the mount is on the M62 for the cylinder. This assumes the diameter is the same for all the pins.

Wormwood

I can't answer your specific question, but when I was "building" the M62 on the Kubota website it listed two different thumb options for the backhoe, one specifically compatible with the quick attach coupler, and one for use with the standard configuration without the quick attach coupler.

Thanks for posting the picture of the M5, that sure is a beauty! Interestingly, I'm comparing the M5 with the M62 for my next tractor. I know, not exactly apples to apples. :laughing: