Any pictures/plans of a firewood wagon built on hay wagon running gear?

/ Any pictures/plans of a firewood wagon built on hay wagon running gear? #21  
I'm pretty late here and this isn't running gear but might be close enough. Not mine either - it's my neighbors

WoodWagon.JPG

gg

/ Any pictures/plans of a firewood wagon built on hay wagon running gear? #22  
From the website, bags are "breathable":

This 34.5" x 33" x 38.5" Type A Bulk Bag (FIBC) with an open top is ideal for storing and transporting dry goods for agriculture, landscaping, construction, and other industries. FIBC bulk bags are made from a thick, woven polypropylene with a UV enhanced finish. This bag holds approximately 1 cubic yard or up to 2,205 pounds of weight, and allows air and moisture to pass through the container.

Hoped to get upwards around 2 years ahead (plenty of time for drying) but brutal June/July heat stopped my splitting efforts cold! Figure around 4-5 cords ought to do it--we don't go through nearly as much as ya'll up north
Not that breathable.. you will have moldy firewood quickly unless it goes in those bags oven dry.

/ Any pictures/plans of a firewood wagon built on hay wagon running gear? #23  
So I finally got around to building it. Works great. cant load as much as I want cause it gets so high, its a pain to load/unload. got 2 cord stacked on it so still better than doing it a pallet at a time!

1707189053542.png

My Neighbor redid his deck and gave me all the old deck boards:

1707189083441.png

used some left over shrink wrap from the boat to make a roof:
1707189134305.png

fill it up in the wood yard
1707189234743.png

pull it to the boiler
1707189256782.png

/ Any pictures/plans of a firewood wagon built on hay wagon running gear?
Hey All,
I know that I haven't commented here since I started this thread....but some really cool ideas have come in!
I haven't made anything yet but I like Gordon Gould's neighbour's rig and also Saint18z.

Keep showing us what you got...Dutchy

/ Any pictures/plans of a firewood wagon built on hay wagon running gear? #25  
Interesting idea to put your wood pile on wheels.

Fairly regular, I see old untitled trailers go reasonably cheap at local auctions.

This could be a good re-use for them.

At the end of the day...wondering if this would be any benefit over simply loading up IBC totes with firewood and moving with a set of forks.

Have to think about the pros and cons of each...

/ Any pictures/plans of a firewood wagon built on hay wagon running gear? #26  
I used a similar running gear set up for a couple years. Great for housing wood next to my outdoor wood boiler. It was a little cumbersome for my small tractor so I sold it and went with a 4 horse trailer. Used that for 9 years before finally moving on from burning wood.