Any pictures/plans of a firewood wagon built on hay wagon running gear?

/ Any pictures/plans of a firewood wagon built on hay wagon running gear? #11  
Found it on an auction about 300 dollars each if I recall

/ Any pictures/plans of a firewood wagon built on hay wagon running gear? #12  
Like Indylan I went the pallet route. Found a guy selling plastic pallets on Craigslist for $12 each--bought a whole bunch and made firewood holders like this out of 4 so far.

View attachment 759454

View attachment 759453

another route to go is polypropylene bags....
View attachment 759455
affordable and easy to move around using either the lift straps attached at the top of each bag, or simply sitting atop a pallet-which I prefer as it lowers the loader center of gravity over uneven terrain.

Filling the box with split oak pushes the B26 to its limits--it can do it, but even with filled rear tires and box blade on back started lifting rear tire off the ground one day. So we decided to load the good mid-winter split wood in the lighter bags and use the pallet boxes for the scrap limbs and kindling the wifey collects maintaining the property.

Started this system fall 2021--store the wood away from the house and keep it safe and dry. During the winter keep a split pallet and a kindling pallet right outside the back door--so much easier.

To the OP, its not quite the same as your hay wagon--which def sounds promising. For us, dividing the wood onto pallets makes sense bc our firewood comes from many different sources--some is fresh and really green. Each pallet gets a tag with completion date and source of wood. Let's me rotate in the drier material.

Best of luck!
How do you dry your firewood in those bags?

/ Any pictures/plans of a firewood wagon built on hay wagon running gear? #13  
How do you dry your firewood in those bags?
From the website, bags are "breathable":

This 34.5" x 33" x 38.5" Type A Bulk Bag (FIBC) with an open top is ideal for storing and transporting dry goods for agriculture, landscaping, construction, and other industries. FIBC bulk bags are made from a thick, woven polypropylene with a UV enhanced finish. This bag holds approximately 1 cubic yard or up to 2,205 pounds of weight, and allows air and moisture to pass through the container.

Hoped to get upwards around 2 years ahead (plenty of time for drying) but brutal June/July heat stopped my splitting efforts cold! Figure around 4-5 cords ought to do it--we don't go through nearly as much as ya'll up north

/ Any pictures/plans of a firewood wagon built on hay wagon running gear? #14  
From the website, bags are "breathable":

This 34.5" x 33" x 38.5" Type A Bulk Bag (FIBC) with an open top is ideal for storing and transporting dry goods for agriculture, landscaping, construction, and other industries. FIBC bulk bags are made from a thick, woven polypropylene with a UV enhanced finish. This bag holds approximately 1 cubic yard or up to 2,205 pounds of weight, and allows air and moisture to pass through the container.

Hoped to get upwards around 2 years ahead (plenty of time for drying) but brutal June/July heat stopped my splitting efforts cold! Figure around 4-5 cords ought to do it--we don't go through nearly as much as ya'll up north
Ahh! Sounds useful. Let us know how it works out.

I've got the wood shed full. 4+ cords, with several ricks stacked up under various covers. A new tarp was put over the "wood house" stack that is about half gone. Building A Holz Hausen - Beehive Firewood Stack this one is 12 feet across and 7 feet high.

The log pile is waiting on cooler weather. I'll cut the dryer ends off early next month, and work that up right away. Call it heat for 2024;-)

/ Any pictures/plans of a firewood wagon built on hay wagon running gear? #16  
Do LARGE rocks and chunks of pine tree trunk count???? I built a farm wagon out of brand new HORST running gear. Its rated at ten tons - Horst model #185.

IMG_0003.jpeg

/ Any pictures/plans of a firewood wagon built on hay wagon running gear? #17  
My buddy has one, loaded they sink too easily, sitting so low to the ground. You guys must live on some year around hard ground.

SR
I was thinking the same thing, great idea but those small tires wouldn't do well on soft ground.

/ Any pictures/plans of a firewood wagon built on hay wagon running gear? #18  
Those tires on the airline carts do look to be a little small for soft ground. I've found that a heavy load on mine will sink and create ruts in the spring. For that matter - so does the tractor - pulling my heavily loaded wagon.

I just wait until things dry out and the ground hardens. Like right now. The tractor and trailer hardly leave a mark on the ground.

/ Any pictures/plans of a firewood wagon built on hay wagon running gear? #19  
The Holz Hausen in this link is awesome--makes firewood stacking almost...decorative! Please post a pic when you get yours finished
Mine is coming down now. It's a shambles at present. 1/2 gone. I'll look for photos of when it was whole last winter.

This one is the second one I've used.

/ Any pictures/plans of a firewood wagon built on hay wagon running gear? #20  
I just started cutting and stacking wood this year and the only portable thing I've used is a IBC tote cage I first saw on YT. Seems to work fine for my small tractor to move.