Any Recommendations For New Shop Vac?

/ Any Recommendations For New Shop Vac? #41  
RIDGID 16-Gallon Wet/Dry Vac - WD1670 at The Home Depot

This is the one from the Home Depot website and appears to be the same as the one on page 12 of the ad paper. For this cheap price, I'm going to get one. The filter alone must cost nearly $20.
A powerful shop vac is a good thing to have and this price is sure worth it.
Sure glad I found this thread.

The one in the Black Friday ad for $28.88 is 5.0 peak horsepower. The WD1670 on HD and Amazon websites is 6.5 horsepower.

/ Any Recommendations For New Shop Vac? #42  
The one in the Black Friday ad for $28.88 is 5.0 peak horsepower. The WD1670 on HD and Amazon websites is 6.5 horsepower.

I saw that too but the 6.5 HP appears to be on-line only. So, the one guys are most familiar with and write about most often would be the 5.0 HP sold in the store and referenced in the ad.
The one that will be on sale. That's what I'm thinking and wonder if I am right or not?
Wonder if Sears will have a similar Black Friday sale?

/ Any Recommendations For New Shop Vac? #43  
I saw that too but the 6.5 HP appears to be on-line only. So, the one guys are most familiar with and write about most often would be the 5.0 HP sold in the store and referenced in the ad.
The one that will be on sale. That's what I'm thinking and wonder if I am right or not?
Wonder if Sears will have a similar Black Friday sale?

The HD website says the 6.5 hp one is not available on-line and is only sold at local stores.

Attachments

• Rigid vac.jpg
    Rigid vac.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 156
   / Any Recommendations For New Shop Vac? #44  
The one in the HD Friday ad appears to be the WD1250, which is available online currently for $79.97. Also sold in local stores.

Attachments

• Rigid vac WD1250.jpg
    Rigid vac WD1250.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 145
   / Any Recommendations For New Shop Vac? #45  
The 1250 you mention is only 12 gallon and not the one in the ad. Here's is that 12 gallon:
RIDGID 12-Gallon Wet/Dry Vac - WD1250 at The Home Depot

The 16 gallon on sale has to be this one --1670--that is $99 and available in-store only. That has to be the one that will be $29 on Black Friday. Here is that 16 gallon one:
RIDGID 16-Gallon Wet/Dry Vac - WD1670 at The Home Depot

You are correct, though, it is indeed 6.5 HP. More is better I guess but who knows how it's figured. Glad you caught this.
Guess I'll check #'s at the store but the $29 deal would help out as a backup in the barn. The point is both Craftsman and Ridgid are likely made by the same company--Emerson Electric. Other posters say both have the same suction so I can avoid a much higher price at Sears and get similar performance for less money.
Let's hope it's the correct one.

/ Any Recommendations For New Shop Vac? #46  
Be sure to check the numbers in the store since none of the ones seem to exactly match the ad. Probably an error in the ad, or it could be like what you see at stores like Sam's Club. Part numbers there are sometimes just for that store and the feature combination is different than any of the models the manufacturer shows on their website. That can make comparison more difficult. Be best if it does turn out to be the WD1670, and hope you can get one.

Edit: I just noticed the ad says "exclusive". That's the words typically used when the item is a special version for the store, so the ad may be correct. The SKU is 231361, that's different from the other two.

/ Any Recommendations For New Shop Vac? #47  
I bought my last one with these thoughts in mind:
1. Big rear wheels.
2. Long handle -- with both 1 & 2 I can go over cords, hoses, and in and out of my shop.
3. Bits bin so that the accessories stay in the caddy (instead of falling off and rolling under/behind something else and I can't find it when I need it).
4. Filter choices available (nice to actually clean the fine dust like drywall powder).
5. How am I going to drain it?
6. No metal in the bin. No need to attract the rust villains.

What did that mean? Pretty much the max model from whichever brand I found a deal on. At the time I had a coupon from work and HD had a sale on the outgoing premium model. Done, still have it 5 years later.