Any Recommendations For New Shop Vac?

/ Any Recommendations For New Shop Vac? #31  
For anyone that has owned both a Craftsman and a Ridgid, would you say the power and suction is comperable or is one better than the other?
How do prices compare?

I would say power and suction are comparable.....now that's comparing a 5-year old Ridgid to a larger 20-year old Craftsman. I don't know if Emerson still makes vacs for Sears, so a new Craftsman may or may not be the same as a new Ridgid.
As far as prices, I find (in general) that Sears stuff tends to be more expensive unless it's on sale.

/ Any Recommendations For New Shop Vac? #33  
The Ridgid 16 gallon will be $29 on Black Friday.
page 12 of the ad.

A $99 value but note it says "WHILE SUPPLIES LAST EXCLUSIVE" which usually means they will be sold out in 15 minutes, after that they try to bait-and-switch you to a more expensive model.

/ Any Recommendations For New Shop Vac? #34  
A $99 value but note it says "WHILE SUPPLIES LAST EXCLUSIVE" which usually means they will be sold out in 15 minutes, after that they try to bait-and-switch you to a more expensive model.
I've never had that experience. Despite the greedy folks that get several buggys of them to resell on Craigslist, I have always been able to get one or 2 for Christmas gifts. I've had one in my woodworking shop for several years and it is a fine vac. I usually get to the store around 8-8:30 and there are vacs left.
This is the model they stock all year for $99.95.

Ken

/ Any Recommendations For New Shop Vac? #35  
And I guess everyone has noticed that they have 2 16 gallon units, both with the same 6.5 hp, but the other one is more expensive and supposedly moves more air. Of course, I'll bet either one is a good unit.

/ Any Recommendations For New Shop Vac? #36  
The Ridgid 16 gallon will be $29 on Black Friday.
page 12 of the ad.

If they have these online, will order one. Nearest HD is 2 hour round trip so that plus the crowds isn't worth the hassle.

/ Any Recommendations For New Shop Vac? #37  
RIDGID 16-Gallon Wet/Dry Vac - WD1670 at The Home Depot

This is the one from the Home Depot website and appears to be the same as the one on page 12 of the ad paper. For this cheap price, I'm going to get one. The filter alone must cost nearly $20.
A powerful shop vac is a good thing to have and this price is sure worth it.
Sure glad I found this thread.

/ Any Recommendations For New Shop Vac? #38  
lowes has one that fits on a 5 gal bucket idk how it works but we have several shop vac brand of various sizes and they work well

/ Any Recommendations For New Shop Vac? #39  
Last edited:
   / Any Recommendations For New Shop Vac? #40  
lowes has one that fits on a 5 gal bucket idk how it works but we have several shop vac brand of various sizes and they work well

Ive got one one of those $19 units that fit on a bucket so I dont have to switch my regular vac back and forth from dry to wet. Its bare bones with no attachments or anything, but it works just fine. I was wet vacing a spray down project and when it filled one bucket I just grabbed another and slapped it onto the next bucket with no interruption. One of the simplest and smartest ideas Ive seen in a while.