Any thoughts on the CT5545 Cab w/hydro?

/ Any thoughts on the CT5545 Cab w/hydro? #1  

KYBobcat

Tractor
Bobcat CT5545
Hello all, not really new here, just a long absence so I had to re-register. Just purchased a Bobcat CT5545 with cab and hydro. Basically it's a Kioti NX4510. Looking for feedback from people who have them.

Was preparing to buy a CT2535, but after seeing the two side by side, I ended up going for the larger frame and more HP. Even though I really liked the CT2535, I kept questioning if I was making a mistake by getting the smaller tractor. The CT2535 was probably all I needed, but I felt that when spending this much, are you best to get more tractor? Its a good chunk of change difference in price ~$4500. I hope it’s not overkill.

I have two properties. Approximately 2 acres with long gravel driveway and gravel lot, some wooded area and cleanup. I also have 80 acres, 45 of which is agriculture and leased out, the balance is woods, some grassy area and tractor road maintenance between fields. And definitely some wooded area maintenance and brush removal. I even have some old liter (dilapidated barn, shed, tires) from the previous owner that I plan to grapple out of there.

Part of me likes the compactness of the CT2535, for ease of use around my smaller property, and getting into some wooded area on the larger property. But the CT5545, although bigger, doesn’t really take up much more space than the CT2535. But it seems like so much more tractor and lift capacity.

I was initially targeting the Kubota LX2610, and Kioti CK2610. But when I started to get pricing, I kept wondering if my money would be better spent on the larger tractor. They are proud of these 25hp tractors with cabs! As much as I liked the Kubota, the price and specs drove me to the Kioti. I was willing to pay a little more for the Kubota, but the Kioti spec out much better. My local Kioti dealer was about 35-40 mins away, and they only had one CK2610hst open ROP tractor. Any other model would have to be ordered with a March delivery. I stumbled on the Bobcat dealer and tractor at a Bobcat dealer 5 mins from my house. Pricing was competitive, dealer was close, he followed up with me and we got a deal worked out on both CT2535 and the CT5545 he had in stock. I guess I fell for bigger is better, hopefully I wont regret it. I know the saying Ive never heard anybody say they needed less tractor? but I think it’s easy to get carried away. Now if they would only get the 3rd function valve installed so it can be delivered.

Last edited:
   / Any thoughts on the CT5545 Cab w/hydro? #2  
Once the tractor is delivered, the only regret you will have is having to explain to anyone who sees you why you have that huge smile on your face.

/ Any thoughts on the CT5545 Cab w/hydro?
Lol. I hope your are right Airbiscuit! Thanks.

A few pics for comparison, CT5545 vs CT2535. First three are the CT5545, then a front shot side by side, then rear shot of CT2535 next to the larger CT5545.
IMG_1972 2.jpgIMG_1971.jpgIMG_1973.jpgIMG_1974.jpgIMG_1976 2.jpg

I guess I’m the only one who bought a CT5545. I was hoping to hear from some owners on how the tractor is performing and how they like it. Once I get some hours on mine, I’ll post some thoughts.

/ Any thoughts on the CT5545 Cab w/hydro? #6  
You made the right choice . I regret not going bigger on my last tractor Which is the same size as the ct2535

You made the right choice . I regret not going bigger on my last tractor Which is the same size as the ct2535

Thank you for the feedback. It is good to hear what others have concluded after owning theirs a while. My previous tractor was a Branson 3520, back in like 2007, which was a beast for its size. I kept thinking during my current purchase that I should not go smaller than my last Branson, but I am not cutting the same amount of fields, and kept getting enticed by the smaller tractor with no emissions equipment. But once you get above 25 hp, and have emissions systems, you may as well get more tractor. Well I hope to give some feedback after I use it a bit. Thanks again.

/ Any thoughts on the CT5545 Cab w/hydro? #8  
I was looking at the CT5545 myself, but walked away with the CT5555 that the dealer had on the lot. I've been very happy with it so far, though I only have about 16 hours on it. No issues so far. It's quite a bit heavier and stronger than my previous LS 3140h. I got the wire harness suggested over in the Kioti forum. I'll get in there soon to see if it works for ours as well. I'm also in the queue for Fit Rite's top and tilt.

Attachments

• PXL_20201108_173446711.jpg
    PXL_20201108_173446711.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 134
What was the wire harness you are referring to? Is this something I need to get? My tractor is still at the dealer waiting on the 3rd function kit. If it doesn't show up soon, I may resort to other options.

/ Any thoughts on the CT5545 Cab w/hydro? #10  
Dumb question but what is that bracket mounted on the top of the cab on the left rear? Hazard triangle? Looks like both tractors have one.