Anybody bought a retired 6x6 deuce and a half?

/ Anybody bought a retired 6x6 deuce and a half? #51  
The truck is made in Czech Republic. There are also several civilian vesions usually 6X6. It is quite popular in Siberia. The Siberian vesion is a dump truck. It has double glass windows, bed heated by exhaust gases and heating indpendent of the engine.
The 4x4 version won ralye Dakar several times.

/ Anybody bought a retired 6x6 deuce and a half? #52  
For all you military truck guys look at this and see what you can do with it. Awesome Off Road Truck Video - YouTube

My gosh what a lineup of trucks. I would love the 4x4 or 6x6 to replace my IH 4x4. Love the use of independent suspension like in the Humvee. cab over design gives great visibility.

Kinda throws the Ford guys and their "SFA is superior" suspension opinion in the trash, huh? :laughing:

/ Anybody bought a retired 6x6 deuce and a half? #53  
"The only difference between men and boys,
Is the size and price of their toys." :D

Don't want to discourage anyone from playing, but in addition to the cost of insurance and parts, remember that diesel is about $4.00 per gallon. Can you really afford $40-50/hour for fuel, just to joy-ride? ;)

/ Anybody bought a retired 6x6 deuce and a half? #55  
Not all "toys". I'm using my equipment to make money. :thumbsup:

Understood. In fact, that's my point. I get about 5 mpg with my Kenworth, but it makes me more money than it cost to operate. :thumbsup:

/ Anybody bought a retired 6x6 deuce and a half? #56  
For all you military truck guys look at this and see what you can do with it. Awesome Off Road Truck Video - YouTube

Navistar has "partnered" with Tatra during development of their ATX family of military trucks:

"...Navistar Defense and Tatra, a Czech heavy-duty truck manufacturer, are jointly developing the new ATX tactical vehicles using Navistar engines and Tatra chassis and suspension systems..."

Navistar-Defense-Vehicle-ATX-8...png

Navistar Defense - Navistar Defense ATX 8 - Military Vehicles - Armored Vehicles

/ Anybody bought a retired 6x6 deuce and a half? #58  
Figures they used the Tatra chassis. Must make driving into battle a lot less fatiguing.

How sad our own American manufacturing can no longer produce an entire military vehicle without foreign help.

Maybe we should get the Chinese to build them even cheaper and they can make the frames out of melamine :rolleyes:

/ Anybody bought a retired 6x6 deuce and a half? #59  
How sad our own American manufacturing can no longer produce an entire military vehicle without foreign help.

Probably has more to do with marketing the vehicle to NATO and other countries...

Now, if you want a real Tatra...you got to get one of their cars!

Attachments

• tat603sf.jpg
    tat603sf.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 215
  • tatt87s.jpg
    tatt87s.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 164
   / Anybody bought a retired 6x6 deuce and a half? #60  
Tatra was always quite progressive and ahead of time company. Hans Ledwinka (designer of VW bug) was a cheaf designer at Tatra before he joined VW. The "spine" frame was his idea. First used in Austro Daimler a later on Tatra and even later in Porche (Porche and Ledvinka worked together at VW).
The cars on the pictures have air cooled V8 in the rear. The car on the right picture was made before WW2. The company used to make railroad cars, airplanes and motor vehicles.