Anybody have problems with Kubota Corp?

/ Anybody have problems with Kubota Corp? #11  
I have to assume that the problem did not show up until years later, as evidenced by mine lasting 10 years. At that point, they can just say: Too late. Out of warantee. The Rep is even amazed that they are not being helpful. I had to call him to see what was happening and he was shocked to learn that nobody called me. He initially offered me the transmission casing ($360) free and he tried to get the dealer and Kubota to cover the repairs. Now, according to him, no free parts. Kubota will kick in 15% and the dealer will kick in 15% toward the total bill. I am still talking 2-3 thousand dollars out of my pocket. I KNOW the tractor is 10 years old but this was THEIR fault, not mine. What do you think of my idea of asking Kubota for a complete transmission, not just the casing, and then having the dealer trailer my tractor back (free) to my house. I THINK I could probably split the tractor and put in the new tranny. I don't know. Maybe the New Holland dealer idea is better. I am kind of stressed out over this right now so if I am rambling, I apologize.
Personally, I would think if Bota and dealer does that it is going way above and beyond.....
Anyone using a 3 point hitch is asking for a catastrophic failure and you my friend got your wish!
:rolleyes:

/ Anybody have problems with Kubota Corp? #12  
Sell the ill fitting hoe, it will cover a fair chunk of the bill. May be that 3pt BH will be a perfect fit on a larger tractor.

/ Anybody have problems with Kubota Corp? #13  
I have a 10-year old B7800 with less than 600 hours. The dealer says we are looking at 35 hours and a $360 part. I am getting the run-around from both Kubota and the dealer on this.

I do not think either Kubota or the dealer owe you after ten years and 600 hours.

What you interpret as a runaround I think you should interpret as NO and move on.

What about buying the transmission casing from a tractor junkyard and installing it yourself?

If you had purchased and maintained Kubota's KTAC insurance this event would be covered as a repair, including transportation for repair, less $250 deductible. That is what insurance is for, unanticipated/extraordinary events.

Last edited:
   / Anybody have problems with Kubota Corp? #14  
The 3 point lift on any tractor is designed to lift a farm implement, such as a cutter, disk, box blade, etc., that weigh up to, what, 800 lbs maybe, on an B7800. A backhoe can put many times that much force on the back of the tractor when it is doing heavy digging, pulling up rocks or stumps, etc. So it is up to the operator of the backhoe to appreciate that a 3 point backhoe on a B7800 isn't designed to excavate the Rock of Gibraltar or a giant redwood stump and to use it within its design limits. If you have the original owner's manual, it probably had some kind instructions about how the backhoe should be used. It probably also mentioned a top link reinforcement kit to strengthen the 3 point mechanism, and the dealer who sold the backhoe should have added the reinforcement when the backhoe was sold. If not, then the dealer has something to answer for, although after 10 years, it's not likely he'll do much about it.

For the same reason, after 10 years and who knows how much heavy use, sorry to say this isn't a warranty or design flaw situation, IMHO.

/ Anybody have problems with Kubota Corp? #15  
I may see if they will give me the parts and then trailer the tractor to the New Holland dealer! I will have the New Holland dealer fix it and I will trade it there.

I will be surprised if a New Holland dealer will work on a ten year old Kubota. That 35 hours estimated labor will be 60 hours for NH mechanic learning Kubota repair OJT, plus it will almost certainly need various Kubota seals and other small parts, for which a NH dealer will not have part numbers.

Kubotas are metric, I do not know if NH is metric or stirling standard.

Too risky for a NH dealer to accept, as the tractor is not worth much as collateral, relative to potential repair cost.

I do wish you best of luck.

Last edited:
   / Anybody have problems with Kubota Corp? #16  
Well the Master jeffy has spoken, you are screwed!

/ Anybody have problems with Kubota Corp? #18  
While wishing you best of luck, I will admonish that your thread title, soliciting negativism, has been ill received by your responders.

Last edited:
   / Anybody have problems with Kubota Corp? #19  
   / Anybody have problems with Kubota Corp? #20  
A 3-point mounted back hoe attached to any brand tractor is a disaster waiting to happen. I would be happy with 10 yrs/600 hrs. Just my opinion of course.

X2!!!