Anybody have problems with Kubota Corp?

/ Anybody have problems with Kubota Corp? #51  
You will be able to note on the forum a tendency by many to blame themselves when their tractor breaks. That is a mfg dream customer.

Perhaps the Dream Customer is one who has reasonable expectations, who operates equipment within reasonable parameters and performs reasonable maintenance.

If we accept your thesis, instead of tractor design, capability, reliability and comfort progressing, these would have degraded since 1945 or earlier.

Last edited:
   / Anybody have problems with Kubota Corp? #52  
Perhaps the Dream Customer is one who has reasonable expectations, who operates equipment within reasonable parameters and performs reasonable maintenance.
Oh. I see youre a dream customer. Whats youre definition of reasonable parameters? How does it bear on suitability within a genre to accomplish tasks common to that genre. How does it bear on issues of reasonable performance margin.
larry

/ Anybody have problems with Kubota Corp? #53  
Kubota had a heavy duty top link bracket designed just for this purpose. Because they did experience breakage by hanging a backhoe off the 3PH.

To the OP ... Did you have the HD part installed before putting the stress of a 3 pt backhoe on your machine? It would likely have prevented this failure. This info came with the backhoe ... Perhaps this job should have been completed 10 years and 600 hours ago at BH installation.

You want Kubota to cover this???

I've got the HD top link bracket and I don't even use a 3 point backhoe ... It just seemed prudent!

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...-bracket-part-2-107936-toplinkcomposite-2-gif

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...g/10267-hd-top-link-bracket-installation.html

/ Anybody have problems with Kubota Corp? #54  
I am brand new here so if I am posting on the wrong site, please forgive me. Here's my story: I have a 10-year old B7800 with less than 600 hours. I bought the FEL and a Kubota hoe with it. The hoe was 3-pt hitch mount. I have just found out that there was not enough bracing designed into the tractor for this hoe. Unfortunately, I found out by having my transmission break in half like an egg over a frying pan. Both Kubota and the dealer admit that this was the result of a design flaw. I am trying to get them to cover this repair because, had they designed this correctly, I would not have had this major failure. The dealer says we are looking at 35 hours and a $360 part. I am getting the run-around from both Kubota and the dealer on this. Any feedback on this issue? Anyone have a similar problem?
Thank you.

Kubota had a heavy duty top link bracket designed just for this purpose. Because they did experience breakage by hanging a backhoe off the 3PH.

To the OP ... Did you have the HD part installed before putting the stress of a 3 pt backhoe on your machine? It would likely have prevented this failure. This info came with the backhoe ... Perhaps this job should have been completed 10 years and 600 hours ago at BH installation.

You want Kubota to cover this???

I've got the HD top link bracket and I don't even use a 3 point backhoe ... It just seemed prudent!

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...-bracket-part-2-107936-toplinkcomposite-2-gif

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...g/10267-hd-top-link-bracket-installation.html
How does the OP failure relate to this bracket reinforcing the toplink attachment, or not?

/ Anybody have problems with Kubota Corp? #55  
It sounds like if you get kubota you don't want to keep it very long or it will break and then you will a broken one. I can see why kubota credit loves you, you get rid of your kubota before it gets too old because they don't last and you paying so much interest in ten years it's not funny. If you are buying on credit you don't own it you are just paying rent on it. You are paying more for the same tractor then the person who pays cash, I can see that as smart in the long run.

My first couple were to take care of the property but after that, they are all farming tractors and thus a write off. Once they are depreciated fully, it's time to get a new one. Thats business. The only one I've kept for a long time is my M9, because, they quit building that model so it's actually collectable sort of like a 4020 JD and I special ordered the one I own. I ordered it after they discontinued the model and it was nip and tuck that I could get one, but the factory in Japan had enough parts to build it so I got it. Waited almost 7 months for it.

I'm not fond of the new design sloped hood though I have one (105X). I prefer the square hood but thats just me. I see used M9's command a high price and mine is optioned out completely, 540/1000 pto, Creep gears and 3 remotes. It even came with an air ride Grammar Seat that swivels. I was suprised. The M9 is my tractor of choice to farm with. The 105 has a better loader (more capacity) and more gears 12-12 versus 16-16 but the M9 at least in my view is better built. So, the 105 will go down the road soon probably replaced with a 135 but the M9 stays.

Tractors aren't a hobby thing with me. I farm wit them.

BTW... All my hay tools are New Holland, IMO, NH makes the best hay tools out there but far as tractors go, I fo not like NH tractors at all. If I wanted that style (European), I'd buy a Fendt.

/ Anybody have problems with Kubota Corp? #57  
Whaaaaattttt???

Have you read this thread????
Yes. there is no pic and no indication that I read from the OP that the break occurred at the toplink attachment.

/ Anybody have problems with Kubota Corp? #58  
The top link bracket is bolted to that housing. When these tractors were popular, it was not an uncommon break with the 3 pt hoe. the HD part went a long way toward reinforcing the attachment point.

/ Anybody have problems with Kubota Corp? #59  
The top link bracket is bolted to that housing. When these tractors were popular, it was not an uncommon break with the 3 pt hoe. the HD part went a long way toward reinforcing the attachment point.
So, strengthening a part that didnt fail in itself or at its attachment point will prevent failure of the part it was attached to at some point removed from the attachment area. This is conceivable, but geometrical refinements that could enable this are not in evidence.

,,,,In any case he was sold an assembly by the dealer representing Kub. It may or may not have included the toplink mod. The assembly broke his tractor.

/ Anybody have problems with Kubota Corp? #60  
You will be able to note on the forum a tendency by many to blame themselves when their tractor breaks. That is a mfg dream customer. They, the mfg, are being given carte blanc to balance skimping with suitability for task. ... They are even able to cull or reduce std accepted capabilities with barely a peep from clientele. In this way the dream consumer degrades a product line - esp when there is virtually no peer pressure to inhibit growth in their number.
larry

Or the manufacturers could build a bullet proof tank way beyond the price point capabilities of said consumers, and no one could afford one.
Makes perfect sense to me.
At least no one would have a broken tractor!
:rolleyes: