Anyone else have a 990?

/ Anyone else have a 990? #21  
I've got a 790 and the whole tractor is Yanmar. Solid piece of equipment.

I did a report on Yanmar and the only thing Yanmar in Deeres are the engines. Deere didnt want an identical look a like so they made compleatly different machines. That doesnt mean the 990 or Yanmar are bad products, they both are great machines and i would recommend them to anyone.

/ Anyone else have a 990? #22  
I did a report on Yanmar and the only thing Yanmar in Deeres are the engines. Deere didnt want an identical look a like so they made compleatly different machines. That doesnt mean the 990 or Yanmar are bad products, they both are great machines and i would recommend them to anyone.

I think if you do a bit more investigation, you'll find out the 670, 770 and 790 were built by Yanmar. Not sure about the 870, 970 or 990.

/ Anyone else have a 990? #23  
I think if you do a bit more investigation, you'll find out the 670, 770 and 790 were built by Yanmar. Not sure about the 870, 970 or 990.

Just looked it up and i guess you are right.:ashamed: But I guess thats how you learn.:) What would be the JohnDeere/Yanmar equivelents? I am pretty sure the 650 Deere is the same as my 169D Yanmar since i can get parts for my Yanmar from Deere unless the part is no longer manufactured.:(

/ Anyone else have a 990? #24  
Just looked it up and i guess you are right.:ashamed: But I guess thats how you learn.:) What would be the JohnDeere/Yanmar equivelents? I am pretty sure the 650 Deere is the same as my 169D Yanmar since i can get parts for my Yanmar from Deere unless the part is no longer manufactured.:(

I'm not familar enough with Yanmar tractors to know if there are any direct equivalents. Deere designed the tractors and Yanmar built them although I'm sure some components (such as the engines) were "off the shelf" at the Yanmar facility.
The Yanmar engines are actually industrial engines...also used in marine applications (a lot of medium sized sail boats use Yanmar engines).
Anyway, if your Yanmar is built as well as the ones they built for Deere, you won't need many parts other then filters and such.

/ Anyone else have a 990? #25  
I'm not familar enough with Yanmar tractors to know if there are any direct equivalents. Deere designed the tractors and Yanmar built them although I'm sure some components (such as the engines) were "off the shelf" at the Yanmar facility.
The Yanmar engines are actually industrial engines...also used in marine applications (a lot of medium sized sail boats use Yanmar engines).
Anyway, if your Yanmar is built as well as the ones they built for Deere, you won't need many parts other then filters and such.

I have only needed a new seal parts wise, That yannie is a great little machine, if only it had 10 more hp.:(

/ Anyone else have a 990? #26  
Have a 10 year old 990 with only 370 hours--was upset 2 months ago when the rear diff and wheel bearings went out and was an expensive repair and was considering a trade--but I settled down and I love the tractor and will keep it for many years--it is a tank, and with the repair should last for years--just had crappy luck with the rear end

Believe it or not the 3320-3720 have greater load capacities.

Rob

/ Anyone else have a 990? #27  
Believe it or not the 3320-3720 have greater load capacities.

Rob

What about the 3120? Isnt it the same size tractor with a smaller diesel engine?:confused:

/ Anyone else have a 990? #29  
I know this is an older thread, but I just bought a 2006 990 with 310 hours. I have only used it to mow about 5 acres of severely overgrown fields, but it did great. Broke one shear pin by trying to go over a clump of bushes and another hitting a log that was covered in weeds. Ran it in range "A" 3rd gear at 2600 for 5 hours or so and didn't even burn a 1/4 tank of fuel. I like how the PTO can be engaged slowly at low RPM and gradually ramped up to operating speed. I still have to get used to the idea of just pushing the clutch in just a little to shift gears. I also have to remember to put the tractor in the gear I want to mow in because the tranny does not liked to be shifted when the engine is turning 2600 RPM! I end up coming off the throttle to about 1200 and then going back up to PTO rated RPM. I bought the tractor with 310 hours, a 300CX loader, a seperate grapple bucket, a 5 ft cutter, box blade, ROPS shade, and an 8B backhoe. It needed basic maintenance (engine oil very black and thick, airfilter brown, gas filter awful.) All the filters were bought from the Deere store and I thought were quite reasonable in price. I was expecting a hosing but it didn't happen. I had the same trouble getting the ring off the fuel bowl that others have had, but got it with lockjaw pliers I bought to remove oil filters. Worked like a charm. The only issue I have with the tractor is that the headlightcover is broke on the right side. Deere says I have to replace the whole front as a unit for $180. Anyone know of a 990 being used for parts?

/ Anyone else have a 990? #30  
the only thing about my 990 i dont like is the fuel tank you have to keep it 1/2 to full or if you go down a hill you run out of fuel i had thi happen a couple times. there is no louvers in the tank to keep some fuel from shifting.