Anyone else having trouble poting a pic today?

/ Anyone else having trouble poting a pic today? #21  
Yeah, still doesn't work for me so I give up. I mentioned it to Muhammed so he's aware of it.

RobertBrown--you're posting those off an external site like Photobucket. I haven't tried that but once you delete them from Photobucket don't they vanish off this site?
If you delete or move the pictures the link will no longer be valid, so the image will not appear.
I like the way the images post this way. Those who want to see it don't have to download it and it uses almost no space on the server. You still have some control over the image, you can leave it for a day or so then move it if you want.
I think TBN prefers this method.

/ Anyone else having trouble poting a pic today? #22  
Clicked "Go Advanced" and the Icons are there now. But the pictures did not work!

View attachment 371315 View attachment 371316 View attachment 371317
The reason is because I deleted them in the "Manage Attachments" Attachments box, so they would not show again at the bottom with the new ones that I was adding to the Post.

Still have to use "BasicUploader", one picture at a time. :thumbdown:

Trying "Manage Attachments", never used it before.

Still one at a time and puts them below the post,

I like the "Insert Image" Icon better, it puts the picture up in the post where you can describe what is going on.

I didn't know there was another quicker way. I always have used the manage attachments function for pictures.

/ Anyone else having trouble poting a pic today?
If you delete or move the pictures the link will no longer be valid, so the image will not appear.
I like the way the images post this way. Those who want to see it don't have to download it and it uses almost no space on the server. You still have some control over the image, you can leave it for a day or so then move it if you want.
I think TBN prefers this method.

But what good would it be if I deleted a picture at Photobucket and then it vanished at TBN? Someone searching for a particular answer would get close and then no photo. From a user standpoint the attach image thing works better for me. Am I seeing this the right way?

/ Anyone else having trouble poting a pic today? #24  
... From a user standpoint the attach image thing works better for me. ...

Me too if wanting a pic to 'stick'. Makes me wonder about some old threads where uploaded (vs linked) pics may have been removed from a site's servers(?) vs from a host or specific address.

My advice for uploaders and amateur shutterbugs like me: Save all that 'more megapixels' stuff for printing poster-sized or to crop/zoom digitally. Otherwise the file sizes are awkwardly big and can be tough to share for that reason.

I've posted a few pics here & there, most at 640x480, and haven't heard complaints about pixellation or a 'Lite Brite' look. Folks don't want a pic much wider than the viewing window. O'sized pics may have them scrolling sxs to read included (& 'wrapped') text for a whole page.

Still can't post a pic. Grrrr....

/ Anyone else having trouble poting a pic today? #26  
Still can't post a pic. Grrrr....

Why not? What happens?

Anyone else having trouble poting a pic today  - Reply to Topic.png
This is what I use. try it an tell us what happens.

Double click "Reply To Thread", to get started, then click the "Insert Image" icon.

/ Anyone else having trouble poting a pic today? #27  
Lately, I pop my cam chip into a USB adapter and find the directory/pic(s) in Win Explorer (or 'My Computer'), kind of a warm-up to browsing for it in the std uploader's window, and maybe more similar to it if you use 'classic' Win appearance/layout(?). I can sort visually there from a thumbnail view and jot down "1089.JPG", "1174.JPG", etc to then browse for by filename. Crude but simple(?), tho' I may be making it easier just by entering one at a time. :confused3:

To link a single from my pic host site I open it there, right click, and select "copy image location". Paste into post, .. done. That said only the link is posted, it becomes invalid if the pic is moved (even one character in its address changed), and also may be easier to do one by one. (well for now ..) To post that pic I might download it to the desktop and then use the uploader.

Sixdogs, if this is either confusing or redundant I apologize. I fumbled my way to these methods & realize there are likely better ways, esp for multiples. If you have a computer or software issue, maybe that's what we can help you sort out. (Otherwise I guess I didn't address the exact thing you're working on...) tog

Last edited:
When I click "select files" nothing happens. The arrow of my pointer highlights the select files but nothing happens.

When I click on basic uploader it allows me to select the pic but when I click "upload files" nothing happens. Earlier in the thread others mentioned similar problems and this issue has happened before--and went away after a few weeks. I have posted many pictures so I know the drill and think it's TBN related but I don't know in what way.

I'll try the other things mentioned.

EDIT--I looked at the mentioned methods of using a site like photobucket or whatever and I don't want to do that. When I some day delete the photos there all of my photos ill vanish here. All I have posted came 100% off the TBN posting method of an attachment. At least that's what I think.

Why not? What happens?

View attachment 371859
This is what I use. try it an tell us what happens.

Double click "Reply To Thread", to get started, then click the "Insert Image" icon.

This is exactly what I used to do and want to do again but it won't work for me.
I can insert n image from my computer into the box but when I try to click "upload files" nothing happens and no upload.

/ Anyone else having trouble poting a pic today? #30  
When I click "select files" nothing happens. The arrow of my pointer highlights the select files but nothing happens. That is what mine does now.

When I click on basic uploader it allows me to select the pic [after you select it do you click "open? Or you can just double click the picture.] but when I click "upload files" nothing happens. [is the file name next to the "upload files" button?] Earlier in the thread others mentioned similar problems and this issue has happened before--and went away after a few weeks. I have posted many pictures so I know the drill and think it's TBN related but I don't know in what way.

I'll try the other things mentioned.

EDIT--I looked at the mentioned methods of using a site like photobucket or whatever and I don't want to do that. When I some day delete the photos there all of my photos ill vanish here. All I have posted came 100% off the TBN posting method of an attachment. At least that's what I think.
Read the comments inserted in blue, above.

I had problems for a while, but the basic uploader is working for me. If it shows the file name of the picture next to where you click "upload files", it should work, although mine is very slow doing the upload.