Anyone Else Use "Cheat Sheets"?

/ Anyone Else Use "Cheat Sheets"? #11  
I tear off the labels of filters and such from what I buy and tape them onto the back of my shop door. I then write on them what they are for and try to keep each machine in it's own area of the door. Then I just look at the door and know the part number for a hydraulic, fuel, or air filter. Same thing for just about any part that I've ever bought. I also write on the door, next to the label things that I might need to know. Things like spark plug gap for my dump truck, or fuel mixture for my chain saw.

Having it on the door makes it easy to find and read.

Eddie

/ Anyone Else Use "Cheat Sheets"? #12  
Boy are you guys ever organised!. I suppose once I have spent enough time maintaining equipment, replacing shear bolts etc. I'll have to get organised to.

Broke a shear bolt on the bush hog today..... whats the size of that thing again?? better go look at the manual :)

/ Anyone Else Use "Cheat Sheets"? #13  
I create my cheat sheets by keeping a topic oriented diary using word for windows. I enter things that I've learned, write procedures for things like mounting the backhoe and have tables of oils, gas and spark plug part numbers for the various small engines.

/ Anyone Else Use "Cheat Sheets"? #14  
I keep my manuals in old boot boxes in my garage - Tractors, lawn equip., cars, etc. I mark fuel/oil mixtures on my two cycle equipment with a marker so that the proper mixture is in front of me when I'm "gassing up". I mark tire inflation pressures on the rims of my tractors. I do need some type of reminder, though, to remind me to fold the ROP B4 trying to drive the tractor into the garage.

/ Anyone Else Use "Cheat Sheets"? #15  
The only cheet sheet I use is for tire rotation/wheel torque tacked to a spot on a wall, my filters I always buy a couple when I get down to the last one so I always have a spare or just use the filter # on the filter that is on the equipment if it's a once a year change or longer.
Fuel mixtures, Sthil and Echo are the same.

/ Anyone Else Use "Cheat Sheets"? #16  
I bought a clear plastic single sheet display frame at one of the office supply stores. Any stored information ,from the computer, is printed when inserted into the clear frame. I've used the display frame attached from one of my garage storage cabinets and unattached, as needed, to the work area.

The frame will display two pages of information. one front, one from the back side. Simply turn the clear frame around.

/ Anyone Else Use "Cheat Sheets"? #17  
...I am going to have to stop reading this thread, it is making me feel so small...

/ Anyone Else Use "Cheat Sheets"?
People saying they save the boxtops and labels reminded me, I do that too. Sometimes I tape them to a piece of notebook paper and keep them in the binder that way, and sometimes I just throw them in one of those clear plastic notebook sleeves that has three holes and that goes in the binder.

Taping the stuff to the paper is especially handy for things like gasket bags and so forth, that may not be easy to determine what they went to. Then, I just write notes on what it goes to on the paper.

I also use those sleeves to hold smaller manuals for stuff like tools, sprayer, etc., i.e., anything small enough that it won't stand up on the book shelf. These go in a separate binder just for equipment instructions.

I'm not really that organized, but if I don't do this, I can't find any of this stuff.

/ Anyone Else Use "Cheat Sheets"? #19  
I scan the documents then print and laminate them to keep them in good cleanable condition :D

/ Anyone Else Use "Cheat Sheets"? #20  
I thought I was the only freak of organization. My tractor info is all filed in a plastic file box in my garage. I also tack the filter covers to the studs, as well as copies of various check lists!!!

Cool I'm not a nerd!!