Anyone go from gas to electric, then back to gas?

/ Anyone go from gas to electric, then back to gas?
I've got three year old ethanol free gas, with some Stabil added, in fuel cans in the barn right now. It runs fine. Also some in a collector tractor, some in my high dollar pressure washer and some in gas chain saws and assorted maintenance tools. All of them have been started this year and zero problems.

When I used ethanol gas, 10% and with Stabile added, I ruined a generator, ruined a Mantis tiller, some maintenance tools and had the rubber rot some rubber fuel lines on older equipment. Very expensive and troublesome.

I don't care what the philosophical explanation is and only care that ethanol fuel ruins my equipment and costs me money and ethanol free gas does not. :)
Ethanol is Poison for our small engines.

/ Anyone go from gas to electric, then back to gas? #142  
There's some out there, for example the EGo 80V batteries fit in the Kobalt 80V tools, but it's not a guarantee.
All EGo batteries are 56v and none work in anything but EGo.

IIRC Greenworks also sells their designs as OEMs. Suspect 80V Kobalt and Bad Boy buy from Greenworks. Also B&S 82V.

/ Anyone go from gas to electric, then back to gas? #143  
Yes it is. Below is where you can buy ethanol-free "pure" gas in your state and area. Works for me.

Above is a map with arrows to the right places

Above you have to fool with it but will give you the alphabetical listing of stations in your area. You can't "save" the end result so maybe use a combination of the two areas (same site) for location.

Last edited:
   / Anyone go from gas to electric, then back to gas? #144  
Yes it is. Below is where you can buy ethanol-free "pure" gas in your state and area. Works for me.

Above you have to fool with but will give you the alphabetical listing of stations in your area. You can't "save" the end result so maybe use a combination of the two areas (same site) for location.
Looks we have one in the in a 60 mile radius… 100 octane to 114 octane…

Not sure running high octane would in my mowers and saws is a good thing?

/ Anyone go from gas to electric, then back to gas?

Above you have to fool with but will give you the alphabetical listing of stations in your area. You can't "save" the end result so maybe use a combination of the two areas (same site) for location.

Hah! Theres one in my hometown and thats where I have already been going! ;)
94 Octane is what I use

Last edited:
   / Anyone go from gas to electric, then back to gas? #146  
Not for engines of recent manufacture. Any manufacturer who isn't using ethanol-safe materials the past 30 years is negligent.

The "ethanol problem" with small engines has to do with unvented fuel systems which fail to keep moist air away from ethanol. It is this moisture which causes the problems attributed to ethanol. No additive can change that.

/ Anyone go from gas to electric, then back to gas? #147  

That is race gas. Just wait until you find it costs $12/gallon.

/ Anyone go from gas to electric, then back to gas? #148  
My guess too… otherwise nothing anywhere close.

Bought several mostly Honda powered items circa 1990 and zero issues until ethanol introduced…

Honda Generator, Roto-Tiller, Power Washer, Chipper plus chainsaw… ongoing fuel problems plus Champion Generator…

My two newer Honda powered no issues yet.

/ Anyone go from gas to electric, then back to gas? #149  
All EGo batteries are 56v and none work in anything but EGo.

IIRC Greenworks also sells their designs as OEMs. Suspect 80V Kobalt and Bad Boy buy from Greenworks. Also B&S 82V.
Sorry, meant Greenworks, a sibling has eGo tools and we were discussing it then other day.

Aaron Z

/ Anyone go from gas to electric, then back to gas? #150  

Mine do fine. Small engines, old engines, old tractors, etc. No probs. I believe the small engines run better on higher octane.