Anyone have a Cub Cadet RZT-S or Zforce-S model?

/ Anyone have a Cub Cadet RZT-S or Zforce-S model?
Thanks Peter. I hope it is worth it. I am enjoying it so much that I am already forgetting about the cost.... I noticed another minor drawback - when moving in reverse and you let off the pedal, it really STOPS and is enough to throw you back in the seat (where is my neck brace when I need it?). My Kubota RTV was like this when backing off the pedal, too but there was an adjustment for that. The Cub has no problem with forward gear - it stops and starts without a jerk. I wonder if this can be adjusted or is something that needs fixing? I find that I don't really use reverse much since it is so easy to maneuver but there are times.... Do you see the same thing?

Frank

/ Anyone have a Cub Cadet RZT-S or Zforce-S model? #12  
Frank - Yes, letting off the reverse pedal abruptly is a neck-snapper, no doubt. Something you'll learn to "feather" once you've done it enough, I suppose.

Have fun!

/ Anyone have a Cub Cadet RZT-S or Zforce-S model? #13  
Just picked up a new commercial z force 48 last week for my mowing business. Have 9 hours on it and the transmission belt came off which destroyed the cooling fan among other things. NOT HAPPY

/ Anyone have a Cub Cadet RZT-S or Zforce-S model? #14  
When it runs it's an amazing machine. Iv never been more impressed with the capability of mowing slopes BUT I fear it is not made to last. In the 9 hours iv run it the plastic on the key has broken off and the transmission belt failed. I run my units to around 1200 hours before I replace them, and I can't see this making it past 400!

/ Anyone have a Cub Cadet RZT-S or Zforce-S model? #15  
I would consider this "commercial" unit to be mid-duty or "estate"-duty rather than full-bore commercial. It's much more robust than the residential units, but if it were a true commercial machine why would CC also make the Tank?

IMO, true 8+ hr/day commercial-grade units are in the $12-$14,000 range, as the Tank units are.

/ Anyone have a Cub Cadet RZT-S or Zforce-S model? #16  
I would consider this "commercial" unit to be mid-duty or "estate"-duty rather than full-bore commercial. It's much more robust than the residential units, but if it were a true commercial machine why would CC also make the Tank?

IMO, true 8+ hr/day commercial-grade units are in the $12-$14,000 range, as the Tank units are.

Engine and transmission wise there is no reason this shouldn't be a 1000+ hour machine! Cub is in the wrong for not making the little things up to par. Mind you I still own and operate my 2554 cub that I bought to start up my business. 600 hours of pure hard work and it needs nothing but welds on the deck wheels to run all this time.

/ Anyone have a Cub Cadet RZT-S or Zforce-S model? #17  
I just took delivery of the Zforce SZ 48 yesterday. Right after I got on it and engaged the PTO, I notice a rattling sound coming from the left side of the mowing deck. It cut grass fine, and I was amazed at how fast I got done with my lawn, considering I'm in the learning curve phase. And let me tell you, I have some tight spots to get into. As long as the deck would fit in the spots, I could whip right in, turn it around and get right back out. Another concern was any time I shut it down, it would backfire.

I called the shop I bought it from and told them what was going on, as this was less than an hour after the delivery. They sent the guy back out, he looked at it, and the blade wasn't touching anything under the deck. He was concerned about the rattle however, said that it was something metal on metal (thank you Captain Obvious). He said the backfire was normal during break-in. He called the shop, and asked permission to bring it back. He then loaded it back up and said that it would be back tomorrow, and it shouldn't be rattling anymore.

I hope he's right.

I don't find it to be that loud, but I'm used to Briggs and Stratton engines, which are ear busters. At first I was buying an SZ 46, had rode it and even signed the papers. Went back later that day, saw the Zforce, rode it and changed my mind immediately. If they get the bugs worked out, it'll be worth every penny extra I'm paying.

/ Anyone have a Cub Cadet RZT-S or Zforce-S model? #18  
Just to update you all, the transmission belt failure was fixed under warranty. BUT 2 WEEKS LATER I am climbing a steep hill when a pulley snaps off the transmission sending me backwards down the hill. Mind you, the mower had 40 hours on it now, leaving me with 2 transmission failures, a broken ignition key, and broken cruise control spring, not to mention the rubber tread was falling off the rear tires in chunks. I returned the mower and was charged $300 for my use, a small price to pay IMO. I say stay far away!!

/ Anyone have a Cub Cadet RZT-S or Zforce-S model? #19  
Just to update you all, the transmission belt failure was fixed under warranty. BUT 2 WEEKS LATER I am climbing a steep hill when a pulley snaps off the transmission sending me backwards down the hill. Mind you, the mower had 40 hours on it now, leaving me with 2 transmission failures, a broken ignition key, and broken cruise control spring, not to mention the rubber tread was falling off the rear tires in chunks. I returned the mower and was charged $300 for my use, a small price to pay IMO. I say stay far away!!

Now you have me scared.

/ Anyone have a Cub Cadet RZT-S or Zforce-S model? #20  

I Think you got a lemon.....at least they took it back!