Anyone have experience with RCO Tractor in Texas?

/ Anyone have experience with RCO Tractor in Texas? #1  

sd_smoker

I'm moving onto 5 acres in the OKC area and I'm looking to pick up a used compact tractor (Yanmar, Zen noh, Mitsu, etc). I'd prefer not to get a Vietnam refurb, but I'm open to it if the dealer supports what they sell and has good service as price is a big factor for me. Since there don't seem to be many dealers in my area, I've broadened my search to neighboring states.

One of the dealers I came across was RCO Tractor in the Dallas area. Does anyone have any positive or negative feedback on them? Feel free to PM me your response if you prefer...

Thanks guys!

/ Anyone have experience with RCO Tractor in Texas? #2  
I am in the process of dealing with them now. I have purchased a yanmar YM2000, with front loader. Get some coffee and get comfortable here it comes.
I first contacted them in early Dec. for a tractor. some paperwork back and forth and some conversations both on the phone and email. At this time I had already wanted the tractor I was waiting for them to get me a shipping date. Jan 24th was the day for delivery. Well that didnt happen. So then it was Jan 26th. Finally was going to get the tractor so thats cool. They called me and told me 1700 hrs. I work nights so I needed to know to take the time to sign off and things. Then I was told 1900hrs. Okay guys $(%&$ make up your mind. Then it was 2200 way past dark thirty. Then he told me he would call me when he was close. He called me at midnight. I talked him to the exit,I think he was falling asleep and needed someone to talk to so he didnt. So 0100hrs we are unloading a tractor. The driver I dont think even knew what a tractor was much less how to start one, move one, manipulate one etc. I finally got on my tractor, and knowing my tractor fired it up and started moving it. the tractor next to it I was not that familar with and couldnt move it, so my tractor trying to manipulate it around the other tractor fell off, yes fell off the trailer. We then spent another 2 hours trying to upright it. At about 0330 hrs I said come back on your way home to TX and pick it up. John was very apoligetic and made every attempt to make things right. they picked up the tractor monday after superbowl. I just now got another tractor, it is now stuck in the sand and makes nothing but hole in the sand. but whatever. I am still dealing with them and I will give you an update when I am thru. If you havent purchased from them, go cautiously. again John was a great guy to deal with lets see how he makes this one work.

D

/ Anyone have experience with RCO Tractor in Texas? #3  
any chance things have gone better and an opinion is more solid on their service? I'm in DFW and looking for a tractor in the 35ish hp range (need to be able to pick up a 4-5 round bale with hay spear on front) so I'm looking for a good dealer with good deals. I like Deere and MF though would also consider Kubota and maybe a Kioti or Mahindra. Did you check out TNT Tractor out east of Dallas at all? If so, what was your opinion of them??

/ Anyone have experience with RCO Tractor in Texas? #4  
Have you continued with RCO? What have you discovered? I am looking in DFW and would like to contact them regarding their products. Thanks.

/ Anyone have experience with RCO Tractor in Texas? #5  
The guy who bought from RCO in post #2 (dlelsea) has started this thread describing his first experiences with the second tractor. Two things jump out: it looks like the problems with the second tractor had nothing to do with RCO, and he's in New Mexico, so RCO would have shipped with a third party rather then deliver it themselves (which explains the first tractor...).

I'm a bit less hesitant to deal with them (I'm sorely tempted to get a YM2000 from them; I live about an hour northwest of Dallas); however, they have a notice on their web page saying they'll be gone for spring break, which makes me a bit more hesitant to deal with them. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Although I guess everyones gotta take vacations...

/ Anyone have experience with RCO Tractor in Texas? #6  
Hello, new user here /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. If you are interested in a Kioti, you might check out Smittys in Weatherford. I bought mine there last year and was very pleased with the deal that I got. They are honest and friendly people who made for a positive buying experience. I would definitely buy from them again.

/ Anyone have experience with RCO Tractor in Texas? #7  
For anyone in the DFW area looking for a Kioti or Masseyyou should check out E & E Equipment on Jackboro Hiway in Azle. I don't have anything against the dealership in Weatherford except mileage to get there. Here is a link to the E & E Website. E & E

I've bought lots of implements from them and almost bought a Kioti DK45, but at the time it was not available in hydrostatic. I just think they are known for making as good a deal as can be had in this area.

If you buy a Shinoh, Hecknoh, or Omaghod from one of these strip-mall or front yard dealers, you get what you pay for in service and longevity. If that's what you want, take a drive up highway 287 almost to Bowie and take the Wagonseller Rd. Exit, cross over to the west side of the hwy and proceed north 1/4 mile to a place that has several tractors and implements out front. Ask for Larry. This guy will probably give you as good a deal as anyone on a Yanmar or other used tractor. He's been there for about 10 years.

While you are making that trip up Hwy 287, you'll see Saginaw Implement Company in Rhome (JD), Kubota, New Holland, and Case dealers in Decatur, and on the north side of Bowie, there is a Massey dealer. I think all these places are at least as close as Weatherford and I haven't even listed any of the places in Lewisville, or Denton. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Anyone have experience with RCO Tractor in Texas? #8  
If I had more then 4 acres, more then $5k to spend, and couldn't afford to let whatever I get idle for a month while I track down a part, I'd certainly go to a Real Dealer and get honest-to-god "white market" equipment. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif As it is, I've talked to Hoye tractor and am probably going to go with them. They give me a much better vibe then a company selling Vietnam refurbs that shuts down for spring break. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Anyone have experience with RCO Tractor in Texas? #9  
Just remember that an old used tractor that you can get parts for everywhere is better than a brand new grey-marketeer model thats broke and you can't get parts anywhere. For $5k, you should be able to find a decent used tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif