Anyone have experience with RCO Tractor in Texas?

/ Anyone have experience with RCO Tractor in Texas? #11  
That $5k was counting a couple implements (I'd like to start with a 9" PHD and a 5' brush hog)--still possible?

I've been looking in the local classifieds and at some of the used listings around here, and haven't seen anything that would leave me with enough money for implements other then 8n's in various states of repair.

/ Anyone have experience with RCO Tractor in Texas? #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( That $5k was counting a couple implements (I'd like to start with a 9" PHD and a 5' brush hog)--still possible?
)</font>

Gabe, I can't say if that is possible and I sure don't want to discourage you from getting a tractor to help with the chores. Heck, I don't even see anything wrong with someone taking spring break off to be with family, but I do have some observations about the Yanmar tractor RCO is selling for $5595.

First, $5595 is enough over $5000 to buy a rotary cutter or PHD. Also, that price includes a loader on a 2WD tractor. That's fine for a tractor that weighs 6,000 lb or more, but this little Yannie that weighs just 1600 lb is gonna be on it's nose in a hurry if you are going downhill, and that's if you are lucky. Your rear wheels will most likely come off terra-firma and you won't have any front braking to stop you as you plummet toward an unfortunate fate. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

After experience with a 2WD tractor weighing 4000 lb, I would never recommend putting a loader on a tiny 2WD tractor to a friend. If you want to scrape a shovel full of manure out of a stall or lift two bags of concrete, go ahead. But $5000 to be able to do that sounds pretty darn expensive to me. I just think a good 8N with a dirt scoop and a boom pole will run circles around a 2WD Yannie with a loader for far less money. There are plenty of old Internationals that will run circles around that 8N too if you have your heart set on diesel.

Again, just make sure you know what you are getting into before plunking down your hard-earned cash. Don't get your expectations too high.

I think you could do alright with a Yanmar, but if it's 2WD, I'd tell him, "No Thanks!" on the loader.

/ Anyone have experience with RCO Tractor in Texas? #13  
Jim is right. I see a lot of loaders on little Yanmar 2 wheel drive tractors and while that is "better than nothing", it isn't gonna do a whole lot. Keep your eyes open. There are tractors out. If you have to, save for a little longer or take out a small loan for the difference. My brother has been wanting a tractor for a while but wasn't seriously shopping. Last Friday he happened to see an AGCO ST30 4WD sitting at a Massey dealer. He stopped in and after a little haggling left with a 28hp 4WD with R4's for $7000. The tractor has 284 hours on it. He is now saving for a loader. Yeah, that is more than $5000, but it does show you that there deals to be had.

/ Anyone have experience with RCO Tractor in Texas? #14  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( but I do have some observations about the Yanmar tractor RCO is selling for $5595.)</font>
Oh, I'm certainly not going with RCO. After reading a few threads on Vietnam Refurbs in the Yanmar section, I'm convinced it's not something I want to do, and also convinced that I want a knowledgeable dealer.

I'm also not interested in a FEL--just mowing, building a couple fences, and eventually preparing/seeding the field by the house with something that's prettier then mud and weeds. I think I'll be able to get all that done without a FEL?

I have some regrading that needs to be done near the house, but I'm having a pro do it. If I buy a tractor, I'd prefer to keep it out of my living room. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I just think a good 8N with a dirt scoop and a boom pole will run circles around a 2WD Yannie with a loader for far less money. )</font>
You're the second person to mention an 8N. I know they can mow and auger, but I've also been told they can't really till. Can they at least do the plow & harrow thing? If not, I suppose it's something I could pay someone to do, given that it's a one-time chore that probably wouldn't take very long.

A local used dealer has a Jubilee for $3k. Said it runs good, has 50% rubber, an over-running coupler installed, and runs well. Time to do some research. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( There are plenty of old Internationals that will run circles around that 8N too if you have your heart set on diesel.)</font>
I don't have my heart set on anything at this point--I've even called fencing contractors and looked at rental prices for various tools (augers) to make sure that a tractor makes financial sense. Tractors are neat, but there's neater stuff I can buy with $5k. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Anyone have experience with RCO Tractor in Texas? #15  
"Tractors are neat, but there's neater stuff I can buy with $5k. "

I don't think so. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Anyone have experience with RCO Tractor in Texas? #16  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( "Tractors are neat, but there's neater stuff I can buy with $5k. "

I don't think so. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif )</font>

Ssshhh!

I'm trying to be pragmatic! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Anyone have experience with RCO Tractor in Texas? #17  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( A local used dealer has a Jubilee for $3k. Said it runs good, has 50% rubber, an over-running coupler installed, and runs well. )</font>

A Jubilee can do everything you mentioned. I have a Jubilee with brand spanking new tires and wheels, but a few problems that need to be "addressed." I hadn't mentioned it because I'm not trying to sell you a tractor, but I think a running Jubilee (model NAA) would be ideal and at $3k you can always get your money back.

BTW: The overrunning clutch is $45 at TSC. It's a needed option, but not that expensive. Also, the Jubilee has live hydraulics (the 3PH will lift with the clutch depressed). What it doesn't have that would be nice is a live PTO, but an 8N doesn't have live PTO or hydraulics, so the Jubilee is a much better choice. It's about 32-34 hp and has overhead valves. Many acres have been farmed with tractors that size.

/ Anyone have experience with RCO Tractor in Texas? #18  
No It hasnt gotten any better!! Now they are trying to blame me for EVERYTHING! Even the driver having no experiance is now my fault. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldnt!

/ Anyone have experience with RCO Tractor in Texas? #19  
I just posted on the yanmar post about RCO. I just got one from them Friday. It was a great experience and a great tractor. I would buy another from them any day. If you want more details let me know

/ Anyone have experience with RCO Tractor in Texas? #20