Buying Advice Anyone have LS experience?

/ Anyone have LS experience? #21  
Any LS with thousands of hours on the meter out there ?

/ Anyone have LS experience? #22  
My friend has a Branson slightly lower in HP to my Case. We have about the same amount of hours and have done similar style work with the units (material movement, grading, post holes, moving hay, moving trailers) but I have operated hay equipment and he has not. Both are stored in barns with closing doors. His has a canopy, mine does not (I'm jealous of this ;-).

His Branson is more stable on hills.

I have changed fluids and filters and lubed.

He has changed fluids, filters, lubed, had to replace hydraulic cylinders, broken hose connections, leaking fuel lines, torn hoses, cracked hoses, worn hoses, FEL issues, beefed up the FEL, welding something in the 3pt hitch. The warranty has covered the cylinders and hydraulic issues. Other things have been out of pocket. He has mad welding and tool making skills.

He will not tell me but I suspect we paid nearly the same amount for our tractors and mine has more bells and whistles.

Which model case do you have?

/ Anyone have LS experience? #23  
Hi, I haven't pulled the trigger on the MX5100 yet. There is an LS dealer no too far and they have a LS4047HST with FEL for 23,500. Sounds like a good deal but Im wary of the company. Does anyone know about them? Pros? Cons? Any owners want to chime in? Thanks, Shawn
I've been around tractors since the early 80s' and had never heard of LS until I read about them on this site. No dealers close to me. From what the LS owners here report, they seem to be a good tractor and a good value. I personally would pay more for Kubota, but that's just me and I've had great service from Kubota for 30 years...

/ Anyone have LS experience? #24  
Any LS with thousands of hours on the meter out there ?

I've seen a few LS built New Holland Boomers for sale on the used market with 2000h+ on them.

/ Anyone have LS experience? #25  
Those Mitsubishi engines are in all kinds of equipment all over the world, including CAT stuff. I think LS would would bubble to top after more hours, not less. LS are modern new CAD designs assembled in modern new robotic factories, others are running on name, old designs slapped together in a old planet in India. As far as CUT's it's LS, Kubota and Yanmar, Kubota having to catch up with LS in modernization of designs and assembly. Yanmar has turned to BMW for help in their new diesels designs and they are spectacular. I have linked one in a marine application.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?autoplay...uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D0-ZAYPzu33A%26autoplay%3D1

HS

Last edited:
   / Anyone have LS experience? #26  
I paid $21,500 out the door, and going off the quotes, and reports of actual prices paid, on similarly equipped MX-5100s lately, I wouldn't think twice about buying another LS. The MX-5100 is a quality machine, no question about it, so I won't knock it as a product, but people keep saying they're paying over $30K for them. Worse, if you finance it, you have to pay another $1500-2000 in insurance through Kubota. It winds up that people are paying darned near 50% more for a machine that can do a similar amount of work, and I just can't see how that makes sense.

I ahve to toss my 2 cents in here based on my experience which differs from this. First it sounds like you received a really good deal on your tractor. When I bought my tractor a year and a half ago LS wasn't available locally so I didn't look at them but it seems like owners are happy with them. First thing is the insurance, yes it is expensive if you go with Kubota insurance but you don't have to. I have insurance through my insurance agent and it will be $250 total for the life of the 5 year loan so there are other much more affordable options available.

I will start by saying I know I was quoted a better than average deal but I had a quote for a MX5100HST with 2 rear remotes, loaded tires, HD bucket, cutting edge and a couple other things for $28,000. I suppose currently if TierIV really add $4k to the price that would push the price of the MX over $30k like you mentioned.

Last point though really only matters if you are in the position of having/wanting to finance the purchase. Kubota typically offer 0% for 60 months, other people look at it as the interest has already been rolled into the price. I was pretty close to buying a Kioti DK40 until I figured up the total price inlcuding interest since I was in a position of needing to finance the tractor. In the end the Kioti would have been roughly $2k less than the comparablily equipped and slightly more capable MX. Of course if you are in a position to pay cash then the Kubota isn't quite as attractive from a pure price point comparison.

/ Anyone have LS experience? #27  
I ahve to toss my 2 cents in here based on my experience which differs from this. First it sounds like you received a really good deal on your tractor. When I bought my tractor a year and a half ago LS wasn't available locally so I didn't look at them but it seems like owners are happy with them. First thing is the insurance, yes it is expensive if you go with Kubota insurance but you don't have to. I have insurance through my insurance agent and it will be $250 total for the life of the 5 year loan so there are other much more affordable options available.

I will start by saying I know I was quoted a better than average deal but I had a quote for a MX5100HST with 2 rear remotes, loaded tires, HD bucket, cutting edge and a couple other things for $28,000. I suppose currently if TierIV really add $4k to the price that would push the price of the MX over $30k like you mentioned.

Last point though really only matters if you are in the position of having/wanting to finance the purchase. Kubota typically offer 0% for 60 months, other people look at it as the interest has already been rolled into the price. I was pretty close to buying a Kioti DK40 until I figured up the total price inlcuding interest since I was in a position of needing to finance the tractor. In the end the Kioti would have been roughly $2k less than the comparablily equipped and slightly more capable MX. Of course if you are in a position to pay cash then the Kubota isn't quite as attractive from a pure price point comparison.

Yeah, 0 % can be tricky. Most companies now offer 0 % financing, including LS, but then you don't get the free loader. I went through outside financing myself and got the lowest cash price. I paid around $21700 mine. Does Kubota also offer a lower cash price, instead of 0% ?

/ Anyone have LS experience? #28  
Sorry, phone made a duplicate post

/ Anyone have LS experience? #29  

Kioti has been offering 0% for a long time. And I beg to differ on which can do more and features.

/ Anyone have LS experience? #30  
I've been around tractors since the early 80s' and had never heard of LS until I read about them on this site. No dealers close to me. From what the LS owners here report, they seem to be a good tractor and a good value. I personally would pay more for Kubota, but that's just me and I've had great service from Kubota for 30 years...
Understand you maybe in the same the position of someone in 1974 with Kubota when looking at LS today.