Anyone mounted a trailer hitch ball on FEL?

/ Anyone mounted a trailer hitch ball on FEL? #11  
Jack,
You can also buy the receiver hitch like mine that is already welded to a mounting plate that you can bolt on the top of your bucket. NorthernTool and TSC have them for around $30.

/ Anyone mounted a trailer hitch ball on FEL? #12  
...because I usually wear my BH.
I forever take my BH on and off in the summer. Usually, though, if I need to move my trailer, I'm doing something that involves my BH. Murphy is a real wiener like that.

Anyhow, this is how I worked through the dilemma. I like my FEL the way it is and didn't want more holes sprouting out of it. Plus, I've moved a 10k trailer around when loaded with 3,000# of yard waste...you start reaching the limits of the FEL very quickly.

The arragement I have pictured has worked pretty well. Not a perfect solution, but there really isn't one to meet all needs. This allows me to work with the trailer and BH, which is what I wanted. When I get serious about towing my trailer (Halloween hay rides and the like), I take the safer approach of my dedicated Leinbach Line 3PH 2" reciever used in tandem with my weight distributing hitch. Of course, the BH comes off for that to be used.

The trailer pictured is my old single-axle 3,500# capacity trailer. I now run a 8'x20' 10k capacity dual-axle dovetail and pull it without any problem, even moderately loaded.

Hope this gives you another idea.

Attachments

• BH hitch 1.jpg
    BH hitch 1.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 1,418
  • BH hitch 2.jpg
    BH hitch 2.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 1,174
  • BH hitch 3.jpg
    BH hitch 3.jpg
    527 KB · Views: 1,596
   / Anyone mounted a trailer hitch ball on FEL? #13  
Jack- you might want to check out removing the bucket to take to your welding shop-- that's what I did. (Then, after I got the bill, I signed up for a welding class and got a welder!)

I don't know if you've got a small tractor or not, but my Massey-Ferguson GC2310 SCUT's bucket wasn't too much to handle-- removed the bolts (replaced those with lynch pins), took the bucket and slid it into the back of my Jetta wagon. Lot simpler than trailering the whole tractor, plus it made the bucket easy to turn upside down to weld the receiver on--:D

/ Anyone mounted a trailer hitch ball on FEL? #14  
   / Anyone mounted a trailer hitch ball on FEL? #15  
When I bought my BX, a hook had been welded by the previous owner in the center of the bucket (with reinforcement). If I turn the bucket down, that hook catches the hitch on my trailers perfectly and I can see it. It does take a little practice to put a trailer exactly where you want it, but I don't even have to get off the tractor so it is quick and easy. I can also raise the tounge to lift the weight off the front axle so that I can turn tightly without tearing up the grass. I am on extremely flat ground (South Florida) so I don't have to worry too much about the trailer jumping off since it is not latched on. I keep toying with the idea of building a hitch for the 3pt, but this works so well it is hard to justify the time and expense.

/ Anyone mounted a trailer hitch ball on FEL? #16  
If you have forks on your loader you can drill a hole in the end of the fork for a ball or hitch pin. There is nothing better for backing a 4 wheel wagon than a hitch on the front of yor tractor.

Dan

/ Anyone mounted a trailer hitch ball on FEL? #17  
Having a ball on the bucket is quicker im sure,but for now i just put the safety chains through my center bucket hook ,and move my tandem,and other trailers that way.
ALAN

/ Anyone mounted a trailer hitch ball on FEL? #18  
I just bought a 16' tamdem trailer to haul my BX-22. I want to move it around my place with the tractor - - anyone mounted a ball to your FEL?

I've attached a photo of the trailer. It's a Lone Wolf Trailer. No electric brakes, but I'm not planning on any major hauling.

Thanks,

Jack

Nice looking trailer!

I bought a hitch for a bumper and mounted in on top of my bucket, and i can use a boom pole with it also.

I took a few pictures,

One of the pictures shows a extension hitch i made for my truck, when i haul a slide-in-camper and pull a boat.

I had in hooked up today and with the extension hitch i can hook up to a trailer real easy, and the trailer won't hit bucket.

Last edited:
   / Anyone mounted a trailer hitch ball on FEL? #19  
I bought a clamp on receiver a few years ago on ebay. Not too badly built for the cost of it.
Today I decided to work on my still very amateur welding skills and stabilize the sideways motion that happens to the receiver when cranking a trailer around a little hard or pushing through some resistance like snow.
I'm a beginning welder. Only on about 3rd time with new Craftsman 120 volt wire feed. Gotta learn somehow!
In the first pic you'll see that I drove an angle iron through the already triangle shaped opening and then welded it into place:

IMG_0268.JPG

In the second pic, I welded a 4 inch "wing" to each side of the first angle iron. These push against the FEL blade and hopefully will remove any twisting.

IMG_0267.JPG

/ Anyone mounted a trailer hitch ball on FEL? #20  
Here's a nice little electric/hydro dump trailer for sCUT work. Fill with FEL and/or bh, back up, hitch 'n go. Would work great with Keith's setup.

1600 Utility ATV Wagon - Power Dump Cart, dumping ATV Trailer- Power RAM strongest, best, ultimate atv farm trailer, atv ranch trailer

I've got the smaller version of this trailer (800 lb capacity, single axle) and it is very well built. It is a manual dump but has one of those air rams like on the back of an SUV tailgate (but larger) to help with the dump. Independent suspension, ATV tires.. I'm very happy with it.