Anyone mounted a trailer hitch ball on FEL?

/ Anyone mounted a trailer hitch ball on FEL? #21  
I just bought a 16' tamdem trailer to haul my BX-22. I want to move it around my place with the tractor - - anyone mounted a ball to your FEL?

I've attached a photo of the trailer. It's a Lone Wolf Trailer. No electric brakes, but I'm not planning on any major hauling.

Thanks,

Jack

Here's what I did.

Attachments

• My Tractor Bucket Hitch1.jpg
    My Tractor Bucket Hitch1.jpg
    345 KB · Views: 2,463
   / Anyone mounted a trailer hitch ball on FEL? #22  
I made an attachment for my backhoe bucket, though I don't use it for towing my trailers, just to move them a short distance when they are in my way. I planned on adding a way to pin it in place, but it doesn't really need pinning for what I use it for. Just drop it onto the bucket, back up to the trailer and away I go. The trailer in the pic is an 18' car hauler and is almost to much tongue weight (with the box blade onboard), gotta be gentle or my front wheels will come off the ground.

Attachments

• BH_hitch 007.jpg
    BH_hitch 007.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 1,446
  • BH_hitch 005.jpg
    BH_hitch 005.jpg
    384 KB · Views: 1,162
  • BH_hitch 002.jpg
    BH_hitch 002.jpg
    512 KB · Views: 997
  • BH_hitch 001.jpg
    BH_hitch 001.jpg
    640 KB · Views: 923
Last edited:
   / Anyone mounted a trailer hitch ball on FEL?
Dang, that's cool BXTex. I'd make one too if you think 2x4's would work. Gotta take up welding in my next life.

Jack

/ Anyone mounted a trailer hitch ball on FEL? #25  
Dang, that's cool BXTex. I'd make one too if you think 2x4's would work. Gotta take up welding in my next life.

Jack

Actually, I'll bet ya could fashion one from plywood and 2x4's ;)
I mean if some fella can make a wood motorcycle, why not :eek:

Attachments

• wood_bike.jpg
    wood_bike.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 1,811
   / Anyone mounted a trailer hitch ball on FEL? #27  
I just bought a 16' tamdem trailer to haul my BX-22. I want to move it around my place with the tractor - - anyone mounted a ball to your FEL?

I've attached a photo of the trailer. It's a Lone Wolf Trailer. No electric brakes, but I'm not planning on any major hauling.

Thanks,

Jack

If you have a set of forks, put a ball on the end of the fork, or this

You can also use 3pt stuff on the front of your tractor, if you have the shidsteer setup

Attachments

• P8081352.jpg
    P8081352.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 787
   / Anyone mounted a trailer hitch ball on FEL? #29  
As long as we're talking wood,wasn't Japan's Mitsubishi Zero also made of Balsam wood?A formidable foe for sure.

/ Anyone mounted a trailer hitch ball on FEL? #30  
I made an attachment for my backhoe bucket, though I don't use it for towing my trailers, just to move them a short distance when they are in my way. I planned on adding a way to pin it in place, but it doesn't really need pinning for what I use it for. Just drop it onto the bucket, back up to the trailer and away I go. The trailer in the pic is an 18' car hauler and is almost to much tongue weight (with the box blade onboard), gotta be gentle or my front wheels will come off the ground.

This is excellent. Best solution yet, and exactly what I'd want. All I have to do is get a welder and learn how to use it first. :eek: