Anyone plow snow with a dually pickup?

/ Anyone plow snow with a dually pickup?
Is it cheap enough to buy it and swap the bed for a SRW bed and rims?
Yes!
I think the duallie has more wheel studs than srw

/ Anyone plow snow with a dually pickup? #22  
20240110_091556.jpg
20240110_091556.jpg

I was behind this drw to srw conversion the other day.

I would probably pull the outers just to minimize wheel bearing stress.

/ Anyone plow snow with a dually pickup? #24  
A company I worked for had a dually service truck and a standard single service rig. No one wanted to drive the dually in the winter snows. If you did, best bring and prepair to install chains.

• Good Post
Reactions: JJT
My Ram is decent in the snow with DRW. Just have to watch the sideways stuff on acceleration

/ Anyone plow snow with a dually pickup? #26  
I know when I looked at a plow for my DRW, they said it need at least a 1000 lb plate in bed. I have a plow on my 1500 4x4 with 1000 lbs in bed. It does the drive and plow was free. I'd get the dually and add 3k in bed and I think you'd be fine with common sense!

/ Anyone plow snow with a dually pickup? #27  
If you do put a plate or a box or something in there, be sure and secure it down. That sand box that was put in the dually that I had to drive was not secure. Nobody thought it would go anywhere because it was 4 x 8 as was the bed. As the winter went on, that box would slide back and forth several inches as it caved in the front of the bed towards the cab with each impact. ;)

/ Anyone plow snow with a dually pickup? #28  
I say go for it. DRW with decent tires does okay in the winter. Friend plows with a F600 (same as F550) and with dedicated snow tires he can plow in 2wd most of the time. People that are always getting REALLY stuck and blaming it on the DRW is probably user error. I spent some time way back in a chevy 3500 DRW 8.1 plowing and it never had any significant issues.

Seller is practically throwing this dually at me.
Just looked at long range weather forecast and there’s no snow out there for a couple weeks.….
This would be easy if it would continue to snow every few days as it has been.

60 degrees by Jan 26 :oops: