Buying Advice Anyone Regret buying a Tractor with a Cab?

/ Anyone Regret buying a Tractor with a Cab? #71  
Since I have been stung by killer bees on a dozer and suffer terribly from allergies there was never a question. And if I needed any encouragement, it is far far safer for my kids to ride in. I wish my skid steer had as good of ac as my tractor.

/ Anyone Regret buying a Tractor with a Cab? #72  
it is far far safer for my kids to ride in. I wish my skid steer had as good of ac as my tractor.

This is one of my two major reasons for wanting a cab eventually. When the kids are old enough to ride on the tractor I want them inside a cab. I see my dad taking my nephew for a ride all the time sitting on his lap, and I just cringe every time I think about what if he fell off at the wrong moment.

The other 'main' reason is so I can get a snowblower. I refuse to get one before I have a cab. :laughing:

/ Anyone Regret buying a Tractor with a Cab? #73  
Since I have been stung by killer bees on a dozer and suffer terribly from allergies there was never a question. And if I needed any encouragement, it is far far safer for my kids to ride in. I wish my skid steer had as good of ac as my tractor.

Ouch!!
I hit a big ground nest of yellow jackets on a 648 grapple skidder, I was very happy it had a good cab. Shut the doors before they found me. Most went for the front of the machine but a few hit the windows before I got out of there. That was really creepy seeing so many, I can see how someone could get stung to death. CJ

/ Anyone Regret buying a Tractor with a Cab? #74  
Ouch!!
I hit a big ground nest of yellow jackets on a 648 grapple skidder, I was very happy it had a good cab. Shut the doors before they found me. Most went for the front of the machine but a few hit the windows before I got out of there. That was really creepy seeing so many, I can see how someone could get stung to death. CJ

A couple of years ago our renters bought a couple of John Deere commercial mowers to use on their property and began using them to mow a couple of our dams instead of a tractor. They sure were fast and left a really nice looking cut.

That all ended when they ran into some yellow jackets and got stung pretty bad. They have gone back to their John Deere 7000 Series and a 15' bush hog.

/ Anyone Regret buying a Tractor with a Cab? #75  
TV, satelite dish, AC-Heat. Throw in a hammock and a small icebox and it sounds like a Man-Cave not a tractor. Don't think I'd get much work done but it would be a great place for a nap.

Charlie

Last edited:
   / Anyone Regret buying a Tractor with a Cab? #76  
I was hoping for some feedback on if anyone regrets getting a tractor with a factory cab on it.. I really like the idea of being out of the weather.

My only regret is not getting one sooner! :thumbsup:

/ Anyone Regret buying a Tractor with a Cab? #77  
Dust, heat, bugs, yellowjackets, sun exposure, cold, snow, wind - no brainer for me!

/ Anyone Regret buying a Tractor with a Cab? #78  
Hi All,
I know this is an old thread but thought I'd offer my 2 cents on the cab issue. Only had my tractor since April. Issues I've had are pretty minor, no AC so now that warm weather is here I was really sweating and regretting that. I finally removed the doors. Big difference. So with the good comes bad.....broke the rear window yesterday...:mad: My fault. So now I have to deal with that. I'm thinking plexi glass? Any guidance would be appreciated. Started to read some threads on glass replacement but just looked briefly. I also broke a mirror. So right now I have mixed emotions. But I really did get the cab for plowing snow. It has heat. No radio. So again, guidance is welcome regarding using a cell phone with a wireless speaker? Thanks in advance. Mike

/ Anyone Regret buying a Tractor with a Cab? #79  
Hi All,
I know this is an old thread but thought I'd offer my 2 cents on the cab issue. Only had my tractor since April. Issues I've had are pretty minor, no AC so now that warm weather is here I was really sweating and regretting that. I finally removed the doors. Big difference. So with the good comes bad.....broke the rear window yesterday...:mad: My fault. So now I have to deal with that. I'm thinking plexi glass? Any guidance would be appreciated. Started to read some threads on glass replacement but just looked briefly. I also broke a mirror. So right now I have mixed emotions. But I really did get the cab for plowing snow. It has heat. No radio. So again, guidance is welcome regarding using a cell phone with a wireless speaker? Thanks in advance. Mike

I would shell out for replacement tempered glass and call it an expensive lesson learned. You'll always be looking out the back while blowing snow so its worth doing it right.
My experience with non factory cabs tells me to forget a radio in the cab and get hearing protection with a built in radio. You can plug a cell phone into most of them, you may even find one that's Bluetooth. In a non factory cab, you have to have the volume so loud your ears practically start to bleed just to hear the music.

/ Anyone Regret buying a Tractor with a Cab? #80  
Ken's reply is similar to what I'd advise. My cab is non-factory and with the HST it requires hearing protection.

My doors lift off when the weather is warm. The cab is sectional and I took it off the first Summer after completing it. This is the second Summer without removing the cab and with the "school bus driver" fan it's decent inside. The roof keeps the sun off my head and the tinted glass that remains after removing the doors keeps me out of the direct sun for the most part.

I definitely would go with real glass - either tempered or automotive safety glass. ANY plastic material will get scratched up or discolor. When I built the cab I cut 1/4" luan panels to fit the openings and took them for the glass guy to use as templates. IIRC the safety glass was around $10/SF. All the windows are safety glass except for the Lexan used under the front window. It was easier to cut the curves and bend into position.

Last edited: