anyone run a tractor at their work?

/ anyone run a tractor at their work? #1  

escavader

Veteran Member
Tractor
bx-23 ,
Thought id start a thread to see how many of us run equipment at work.Heres a pic of one of several of our 8000 lb capacity ,4 wheel drive JCB all terrain forklifts at work.Itrade off with one of the guys to give us both a change,for a few hours a day.Its a nice rig ,and heated:)I work at a lumber mill,so that job consists of keeping packs of lumber on the infeed deck of the planer,taking it out of the other end,stacking it in the warehouse,Filling and empting the 4 dry kilns we have,loading up the long haul trailer trucks ,and hauling lumber from the yard to the kiln area.The mill yard has several very steep hills terrain varys from blacktop to very muddy ground ,but right now its deep snow and ice.Im usually hauling two units as tall as the mast,and they are frozen ice cubes so you got to have your game on:D.I also get to run a large deere articulating loader when the snow gets real deep.The last pics shows one of the steep hills i travel,and thats our large CAT loader with several logs in the grapple filling up the sawmill.[i can show more equipment if this thread takes off]
Im a planermill mechanic ,and licenced lumber inspector most of the time,but do get to play with this too:D

Who else on here runs tractor type of equipment for a living,and show us your pics[ Did i mention i love my job:)
ALAN

Attachments

• 100_1292.jpg
    100_1292.jpg
    501 KB · Views: 230
  • 100_1294.jpg
    100_1294.jpg
    514.5 KB · Views: 196
  • 100_1293.jpg
    100_1293.jpg
    500.4 KB · Views: 160
  • 100_1287.jpg
    100_1287.jpg
    539.5 KB · Views: 217
   / anyone run a tractor at their work? #2  
I get to run a 644h JD loader. I don't do it all day but probably 2 hrs a day.I don't have any pics.
Bill

/ anyone run a tractor at their work? #3  
escavader,
I work on a privately owned Island [24oo acers] I get to run a backhoe,skid steer, bulldozer, pulp truck,big NH tractor/cab,4x4 JD tractor/ winch, only been working there 5 or 6 years so I'm still learning to run them , but love it all , did I say we have a 60' barge.[ thats always fun backing the pulp truck on] !

/ anyone run a tractor at their work? #4  
I run a Dell Optiplex at work :(

/ anyone run a tractor at their work? #5  
This was an interesting day! I wasn't running it but I had to come down and pull it out!

Attachments

• Jun21_002.jpg
    Jun21_002.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 485
  • Jun21_004.jpg
    Jun21_004.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 379
   / anyone run a tractor at their work? #6  
Last edited:
   / anyone run a tractor at their work? #7  
I work from home and yes I also run the tractor there. Does that count? :)

/ anyone run a tractor at their work? #8  
I work for a GC.. besides a small assortment of ag tractors, we got all kinds of heavy equipment... before I got into the office I ran most if not all of the heavy equipment with the exception of a grader.. while I can drive it.. I can't operate it to any degree..

soundguy

/ anyone run a tractor at their work? #9  
I use my Ford 861 as a airplane tug to move our Sabre 65 in and out of the hanger. The airplane weighs 14,500# empty and 24,000# with full fuel and 5 passengers plus 2 pilots. It can hold 10 passengers but not with full fuel.

To be honest though I only move the airplane maybe once a month. My mechanic moves it in and out daily. Basically I only get to do it if he is out or I beat him to it.

Chris

/ anyone run a tractor at their work? #10  
I run a Dell Optiplex at work :(

I run a Lenovo Thinkpad.

Makes me wish someone would make a machine simulator program for home use. Seem crazy? Microsoft makes Train Simulator. I think I have seen some others too... besides Flight Simulator which was the original.

Even the guys who work on the stuff would enjoy some virtual seat time on different equipment. I imagine you have to convince the machine owner you can handle the machine before he gives you the keys. A simulator works this way for a lot of other careers. Hmm...

-Bill