anyone run a tractor at their work?

/ anyone run a tractor at their work? #21  
I don't know it would be hard to beat Dirtnut :D - That's gotta' be fun... err, um, I mean hard work!!!

Its fun in dirt but terrible when in rock.No one wants to run them in rock even the D-10 they beat the crap out of you.The bigger the better but still not a nice ride.

/ anyone run a tractor at their work? #22  
I envy every one of you guys that gets to operate equipment (or fly) at work. I run a desk...

For a VERY brief couple of years, I worked as a laborer and did get to run a Pettibone Super High Lift, similar to the one in the picture, which was large fun.

Attachments

• 9dd2ce30.jpg
    9dd2ce30.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 155
   / anyone run a tractor at their work? #23  
Not in years, but as a young man working in product training for a major manufacturer I got to play with the entire product line. All of that experience spoiled me for the rest of my life - I still love running the equipment and moving dirt. All of this after growing up on a farm and all of the equipment related chores that were involved it that.

/ anyone run a tractor at their work?
Im glad this thread is popular,ive been wanting to start it for some time now.It gives us a chance to see what equipment besides our home tractors we are exposed to.As far as those of you with desk jobs,Our mill is located right on a high bank overlooking a large lake.Our PLANER MILL is open on one side ,so all we basically have is a roof over our head:rolleyes:So when the wind is whipping down the lake and the air temp is 0 or below,ill trade my mill job for your desk job any day:D:D:DIm hoping when the day comes and my old bones dont work anymore ill get a desk job:)25 years as a mill rat,and im still going strong ,and i still can work circles around the young pups though:D
I plowed some today with the big JD LOADER.iLL GET PICS OF THAT NEXT WEEK.Ithink the bucket alone weighs twice of my whole KUBOTA.Sitting in the cab makes my Jeep parked next to it look like a tonka toy.
I was going to give you guys a MILL TOUR ,of how a production lumber mill operates ,and of all of the equipment i tinker on,but didnt think it was Tractor related enough,so ill just show you some of the wheeled equipment.I say some of because we probably have a couple hundred forklifts and 300 trucks company wide:eek:Us mill rats get to playwith the big stuff though:p
Please keep the pics coming /dont be embarrassed /im just a millrat,myself, and proud of it!
ALAN

/ anyone run a tractor at their work? #25  
In the summer, I get to run lots of equippment. I have run lots of skidsteers though. Last year I worked down the road at the dairy farm and fed the cows with a case 1840 skidsteer. Last summer I used my Grandpa's Bobcat skidsteer, a GEHL track skidsteer, my Dad's CT322 track skidsteer, my grandpa's scissor lift, and a few other things. As I have driven, i think 9 different skidsteers now, I have gotten pretty good at driving them. So im pretty lucky. That is how I saved up my $ to get that Yanmar.

/ anyone run a tractor at their work? #26  
ouch,

where did this happen?
your profile says upstate NY,
those pics sure aren't recent if
it was! (brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)

This was a few years back it was in the Public Square in Watertown. It was in June of 2006.

We hooked cables to the picking hooks on the counter weight and pivoted the machine up on the one track that had road under it and had the operator track back. Not a big deal but I saw those pictures and thought I would pass a couple on!

Attachments

• Jun21_005.jpg
    Jun21_005.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 189
  • Jun21_003.jpg
    Jun21_003.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 186
   / anyone run a tractor at their work? #27  
In the summer, I get to run lots of equippment. I have run lots of skidsteers though. Last year I worked down the road at the dairy farm and fed the cows with a case 1840 skidsteer. Last summer I used my Grandpa's Bobcat skidsteer, a GEHL track skidsteer, my Dad's CT322 track skidsteer, my grandpa's scissor lift, and a few other things. As I have driven, i think 9 different skidsteers now, I have gotten pretty good at driving them. So im pretty lucky. That is how I saved up my $ to get that Yanmar.

Jacob,
which skidsteer did you like best? each one has different opperating controls.
I started with a john deere with a t bar steering and foot controls then case 1845c, NH many of those, and a couple of gehls. I liked the gehl the best. It had a foot throttle and made controling it smooth.
Rob

Last edited:
   / anyone run a tractor at their work? #28  
Here is what I spend 8 hours a day in most of the time....john deere 648 G-III skidder.

Attachments

• Big drag on solo joe.jpg
    Big drag on solo joe.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 281
   / anyone run a tractor at their work? #29  
Don't have any pictures but I use a small forklift quite often and have run most of our other three dozen or so forklifts (8000lb to 55000lb) Volvo L90 loader, Linkbelt excavator (I think it is about 34 ton), John Deere excavator (33 ton) and an old Ford dump truck. Most of them I've just tried using for the sake of curiosity. I'm an electrical technician by title (electronic technician by trade) but work on just about anything on site, pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical, but mostly electrical/electronic. Forty hours a week, 5:00am to 1:00am, just your average joe aaaand loving it (as Maxwell Smart would say).

Steve

Attachments

• P2162630.JPG
    P2162630.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 167
   / anyone run a tractor at their work? #30  
Don't have any pictures but I use a small forklift quite often and have run most of our other three dozen or so forklifts (8000lb to 55000lb) Volvo L90 loader, Linkbelt excavator (I think it is about 34 ton), John Deere excavator (33 ton) and an old Ford dump truck. Most of them I've just tried using for the sake of curiosity. I'm an electrical technician by title (electronic technician by trade) but work on just about anything on site, pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical, but mostly electrical/electronic. Forty hours a week, 5:00am to 1:00am, just your average joe aaaand loving it (as Maxwell Smart would say).

Steve

What?:confused: And here I thought you were a classic rock musician!:eek::D