Anyone Seen A Flail Like this? Who Makes it?

/ Anyone Seen A Flail Like this? Who Makes it? #1  

wirlybird

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 3038 E, John Deere 3032E, John Deere 756, John Deere X585, John Deere 332
We were given this flail. Name on it says Eggers-Bilt but looks like stick on letters.
Anyone seen one like this and can help identify?
I have a sneaking suspicion it is home made.

20240501_112040.jpg

20240501_111803.jpg

20240501_111731.jpg

20240501_111904.jpg

/ Anyone Seen A Flail Like this? Who Makes it? #2  
I like the chain drive. You should be able to find replacement chains. Just need the width, pin diameter, and pitch.

That really has a lot of offset.

That mower has too many details to make me think it was home built, including very regular shaped arches for the hitch tilt adjustment.

Sorry, I don't have an ID, but post a link and some photos in this thread, and you may get some more responses.

I was surprised yesterday when I posted a 30 year old mower and had an ID within minutes.

/ Anyone Seen A Flail Like this? Who Makes it?
Actually have the chain so should be ok there!
Here is the interesting thing to think on.
The larger and smaller "tube" section look a lot like pipe that was cut down and used.
The two circular sections with all the holes look just like pipe flange we would weld to the end of a pipe.
All of the 3-point A-from is welded in place and looks like it may have been a mod or a complete fabrication to fit the tractor it was once on.

Don't know, just speculating!
The thing is solid though.

/ Anyone Seen A Flail Like this? Who Makes it? #4  
I wonder if some of these were county owned. And, that one could have been designed to mow road shoulders and perhaps ditches.

/ Anyone Seen A Flail Like this? Who Makes it?
Interesting idea and very well could be.

/ Anyone Seen A Flail Like this? Who Makes it? #6  
I wonder if some of these were county owned. And, that one could have been designed to mow road shoulders and perhaps ditches.

With the offset, I think you are correct.