anyone use a JD 2305 with a wallenstein bx42?

/ anyone use a JD 2305 with a wallenstein bx42?
Unfortunately the 2305 is one of those tractors that won't run the PTO if someone isn't in the seat, and there is no switch off. It really sucks when I am spraying my orchard, but I understand where they were coming from because of the danger of PTOs and that the 2305 was designed for folks who probably aren't use to PTOs. I talked to the folks at my local JD and there is a workaround that can be done. I'm sure there are many ways to jerryrig around this. It sounds like I can probably get the BX (which is what I was looking to get). And I completely agree about the rentals. If it was something I wouldn't use frequently I'd go the rental route...but with the limbs I deal with yearly my costs would be way more with rentals.

Are there instructions on how long/short the PTO shaft needs to be? I had to modify the shaft on my PTO driven sprayer, but they had specified the required lengths. Hopefully the BX42 specifies the length as well.

/ anyone use a JD 2305 with a wallenstein bx42? #13  
Hi,

I have a JD2305 and a Wallenstein BXM32. They are a pretty good match for each other. I did not need to modify the PTO shaft at all to hook up the Wally. I did not go any bigger with the with the chipper because anything over 3" is firewood to me. I modified the safety interlock under the seat to allow for the standard "operator in the seat" mode and the off-seat mode necessary for the chipper. I used a toggle switch mounted to the left fender just under the edge of the seat. Good luck.

Frank

Farmeratheart,
How does it take 3" stuff? Is the only difference between the bx and bxm, in that the bxm is a shredder, too? I normally save a TON of the larger stuff for smoking/firewood, but I still will have a TON leftover that I'll need to chip.

/ anyone use a JD 2305 with a wallenstein bx42? #15  
Unfortunately the 2305 is one of those tractors that won't run the PTO if someone isn't in the seat, and there is no switch off. It really sucks when I am spraying my orchard, but I understand where they were coming from because of the danger of PTOs and that the 2305 was designed for folks who probably aren't use to PTOs. I talked to the folks at my local JD and there is a workaround that can be done. I'm sure there are many ways to jerryrig around this.

I have a 2305 and I am able to use the PTO out of the seat. The fix involves a paper clip. You are responsible for ensuring your safety however.

/ anyone use a JD 2305 with a wallenstein bx42? #18  
Farmeratheart,
How does it take 3" stuff? Is the only difference between the bx and bxm, in that the bxm is a shredder, too? I normally save a TON of the larger stuff for smoking/firewood, but I still will have a TON leftover that I'll need to chip.

The BX is direct drive with a single intake. The BXM is belt drive and has 2 intake hoppers. The shredder hopper that is good for the small stuff that can clog a chipper and the chipper 'throat' that handles the bigger material. I had some branches off the bottom of some older spruces that were in the 3" diameter neighborhood and the BXM32 powered by the JD2305 had no problem at all.

The BX is direct drive with a single intake. The BXM is belt drive and has 2 intake hoppers. The shredder hopper that is good for the small stuff that can clog a chipper and the chipper 'throat' that handles the bigger material. I had some branches off the bottom of some older spruces that were in the 3" diameter neighborhood and the BXM32 powered by the JD2305 had no problem at all.

Thanks for the info this definitely helps.

/ anyone use a JD 2305 with a wallenstein bx42? #20  
Gator6x4,

Correct me if I am wrong, but every PTO chipper is going to have the seat problem. At present, mine does not have that problem as the deadman switch is apparently stuck in the "on" position, so I can get off and run it with the PTO running. Not suggesting that this is a good idea and certainly not an idea to plan for but it is just the way it happened on my seat. Regarding the PTO shaft, I assumed that I would have to make some adjustment for a device so close to the tractor.

Thanks for the input.

SI2305

JD2305, 200cx, rear blade for snow (used it a lot this year!) box blade, Lx4, LandPride 60" RFM middlebuster and always looking for more!

I have a JD2305. The first time I used it with a three point sprayer and was cleaning the sprayer and wanted the PTO to run I encountered this problem. I looked for all the "Here How To Do It" buttons both on the unit and in the manual. No joy. I ended up fabricating a jumper for use when I want the PTO to run and I am not on the seat. I even discussed this with my dealer and his response was not possible on the 2305 unless the seat switch was bypassed.

On Kubota's I have, flip the seat up, place the gear selector lever in neutral and turn the PTO on. Works great. The 2305 is a good size to run around in the yard with either a fertilizer distributor or sprayer on the rear.