anyone use a JD 2305 with a wallenstein bx42?

/ anyone use a JD 2305 with a wallenstein bx42? #21  
How did you fix it with a paperclip??

flip up the seat, you will see the connector to the seat switch. Pull it out, use paper clip to jumper it, but don't let it touch anything else or it will blow a fuse.
Disclaimer, I do not advise doing this, if for some reason the mower is on you could lose a foot, if you have loose clothing it could get caught by the shaft and kill you, those and a hundred other things that could go wrong around a PTO.

/ anyone use a JD 2305 with a wallenstein bx42? #23  
Gator6x4,

Correct me if I am wrong, but every PTO chipper is going to have the seat problem. At present, mine does not have that problem as the deadman switch is apparently stuck in the "on" position, so I can get off and run it with the PTO running. Not suggesting that this is a good idea and certainly not an idea to plan for but it is just the way it happened on my seat. Regarding the PTO shaft, I assumed that I would have to make some adjustment for a device so close to the tractor.

Thanks for the input.

SI2305

JD2305, 200cx, rear blade for snow (used it a lot this year!) box blade, Lx4, LandPride 60" RFM middlebuster and always looking for more!

Here are some pics of the seat switch that I mentioned that I have on my 4115. I'm sure that most Kubby's and Massey's etc., will be similar. You pull the knob up, raise the crossbar, and then lower the seat down onto the cross bar-

Attachments

• 100_2063_00.jpg
    100_2063_00.jpg
    312.4 KB · Views: 92
   / anyone use a JD 2305 with a wallenstein bx42? #24  
Here are some pics of the seat switch that I mentioned that I have on my 4115. I'm sure that most Kubby's and Massey's etc., will be similar. You pull the knob up, raise the crossbar, and then lower the seat down onto the cross bar-

I wish my 2305 had a feature like that.

/ anyone use a JD 2305 with a wallenstein bx42? #25  
My 4110 and 4500 were the same way as this 4115. It is nice to be able to just lift the knob, raise the crossbar, and lower the seat back down. If I had a 2305 I would make a jumper wire too. I have had to do it for other machines I've owned in the past.

/ anyone use a JD 2305 with a wallenstein bx42? #26  
Given the other threads of rear pto probs on the 2305, I've been reluctant to try a tiller and would feel the same with a chipper - you have no concerns about that? Supposedly they made changed to it and my later model should be "ok"... Haven't tested it. I would have a different tractor, as much as I like this one, if I'd have read this forum prior to the purchase.

/ anyone use a JD 2305 with a wallenstein bx42?
I have a 2006 JD 2305, so it is an older one. I never read about any PTO problems before I bought it, but it doesn't surprise me. I've had more issues from the get-go with the 2305 than my 30 year old JD 850. I've run a Jacto Arbus 500 airblast sprayer off the rear-pto for the past 5 years at my orchard (and a 54 in MMM), BUT it is a pull behind wheeled attachment which most likely takes a lot of pressure off. I've had no real issues, knock on wood. I was wavering between JD and Kubota, but the guys at the Kubota dealer weren't really receptive when I was looking. That coupled with how well my 30 year old JD works, made me go with the 2305.

Thanks for bringing up that issue. It's exactly why I posted on here to see if there'd be any problems.

/ anyone use a JD 2305 with a wallenstein bx42? #28  
Given the other threads of rear pto probs on the 2305, I've been reluctant to try a tiller and would feel the same with a chipper - you have no concerns about that? Supposedly they made changed to it and my later model should be "ok"... Haven't tested it. I would have a different tractor, as much as I like this one, if I'd have read this forum prior to the purchase.

Never tried a tiller on my 2305. I have a large tiller and I don't think the 2305 would pick it up or provide enough power to operate it. I have seen a 48? inch tiller on a 2305 and it appeared to do a good job working up the soil. The individual was using it to till a garden area.

The gentleman with the 2305 and 48? inch tiller did advise he checked the PTO shaft length several times before starting to till the earth with it to insure the tiller could be raised and lowered without forcing the PTO shaft into the rear of the unit. His concern was about the up or down feature on the three point. He wanted to be sure before raising or lowering the three point, no damage would occur.

/ anyone use a JD 2305 with a wallenstein bx42? #29  
I run the BXM32 a few times a year and a 50" tiller several times a year on my 2305. With the PTO shafts cut to the right length, of course. I'm thinking of adding a snowblower to the 3pt implement 'stable'!

/ anyone use a JD 2305 with a wallenstein bx42? #30  
I have a 2305 and have had a bx 42 for over six years. No real complaints. It doesn't do super well with wet stringy spruce though. It could be that it needs sharpening and adjustment. The tolerances/clearances are supposed to be really tight. I did a lot of burning back in the old days. Now I put on the chipper and drive around and chip downed alder limbs wherever I find them. To defeat the safety I unclip the switch under the seat and plug in a piece of insulated wire with a spade connector on each end. Great implement. Every once in a while I do stall the engine on large hard stuff. I usually haul bigger stuff to my stump dump. It has been a great time saver and fun to use. If you build a wheeled dolly for it you can roll it into a corner.