Apple Ignorant

/ Apple Ignorant #12  
Re: Apple Ignorant/potato cannon

RPM, I couldn't find the exact site from a couple of years ago, but if you search on "potato cannon" you'll find all sorts of stuff ranging from amatuer to commercial. The one I remember had some grad student engineers using Math-Cad to predict muzzle velocities. Their cannon was probably 40 feet long PVC pipe. Power source was compressed air and they had all sorts of warnings about not trying this at home. I just remember some pretty spectacular photos of watermelons being blasted by the thing.

Along the same concept of "do not try this at home", here's a quick way to light your next charcoal bar-b-cue grill...

Grilling

And here's a sample photo...

grill3.smaller.jpg

You did say your middle name was Pyrotechnic, didn't you /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

15-43440-790signaturegif.gif

/ Apple Ignorant #13  
Re: Apple Ignorant/potato cannon

Wow!! I think the next step up from that would be the infra-red / heat pulse from a small nuclear charge!!!!

/ Apple Ignorant #14  
Re: Apple Ignorant/Pyrotechnics

Here's another method to explore...

bomb6.jpg

Sparklers

If this keeps up we should start a new thread under "off topic..." /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

15-43440-790signaturegif.gif

/ Apple Ignorant #15  
Re: Apple Ignorant/Pyrotechnics

Just started one in off topic & just for fun. We'll see how many share my warped love of all things pyrotechnic!

/ Apple Ignorant #16  
Re: Apple Ignorant/potato cannon/punkin chunkin

Think you could build a cannon that could toss a pumpkin better than 4000 feet. Check this out it's a contest that is held about 20 miles from my house. These guys really dump some money into this, and I mean big money just to toss a pumpkin. But it's well worth the price of admission. If you launch it to slow it doesn't go far enough. If you launch it to fast it will break into a million pieces. A very fine line.

http://www.worldchampionshippunkinchunkin.com/

Gordon

8-41268-jgforestrytractor.jpg

/ Apple Ignorant #17  
/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gifWow!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
It sure didn't take long for this thread to <font color=red>catapault</font color=red> into an entirely new direction/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif.
<font color=blue>Kidz'ldiggit</font color=blue>ROFLMAO!
regards
Mutt

/ Apple Ignorant #18  
Re: Apple Ignorant/potato cannon/punkin chunkin

Ain't internet pictures wonderful!

SHF

/ Apple Ignorant #19  
Re: Apple Ignorant/catapult

electromagnetic 'rail-guns' is the one I've seen stuff on latley.They are saying now they maybe able launch satalites and stuff into space.The US Navy is looking at using it to launch plans off carriers.Bet the folks that sleep under those steam rail will be glad if it works...

It's around 1000ft from the hill top to the pond.Wonder how big a splash a pumkin would make???

Lil' Paul
Proud owner of TC21D
Laziness is the Father of invention.../w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Apple Ignorant
Re: Apple Ignorant/Pyrotechjnics

Nah, the pyrotechnics catapault discussion was a lot more interesting & fun than my topic of apples. This board is a kick.

Back to the boring [no pun intended] apples - - I did try one that fell & it was OK. Not spectacular, but I bet it will make a great pie or fritter. So far I've kept the insects pretty much away by spraying. I have no idea why the squirrels aren't wrecking havoc in that tree.