Tractor Sizing Are SCUT really Tractors

/ Are SCUT really Tractors #11  
Match: tractor and others.
trac·tor (trăk'tər) pronunciation
n.

1. A vehicle having a powerful gasoline or diesel motor and usually large, heavily treaded rear tires, used especially for pulling farm implements or machinery.
2. A truck having a cab and no body, used for pulling large vehicles such as vans or trailers.
3. Something that pulls or draws.
1. An airplane propeller mounted in front of the supporting surfaces.
2. An airplane having such a propeller.
5. A toothed mechanism that automatically advances perforated continuous-form paper through a computer printer.

[From Latin tractus, past participle of trahere, to draw.]

/ Are SCUT really Tractors #13  
This is like asking what is the difference between a Ship and a Boat (you can put a boat on a ship, but you can't put a ship on a boat).

Anyway, SCUTs are, IMHO, tractors as they serve all functions of a utility tractor (matter of degree, not functionality).

/ Are SCUT really Tractors #14  
I just can't imagine anyone wanting to own a Sub Compact Utility Mower.
I for one, would not want to join SCUM by Net. The bumper stickers wouldn't be so popular either.
:)

Thats funny. Its got to be the line of the day.

/ Are SCUT really Tractors #15  
No, in my opinion, they're not...we have three. A MF GC2310 TLB (now kept around the horse barn), a Kubota BX (primarily for the wife's use), and a MF 1533 set up as a TLB with a MMM. I consider the 1533 barely a tractor. I do use the 2310 for some mowing and plowing the drive in winter as it's a lot more manuverable and can get into some places the 1533 can't. But, for what it's worth, my buddie's old '84 JD 2150 2wd will outwork anything I have.

/ Are SCUT really Tractors #16  
No, in my opinion, they're not...we have three. A MF GC2310 TLB (now kept around the horse barn), a Kubota BX (primarily for the wife's use), and a MF 1533 set up as a TLB with a MMM. I consider the 1533 barely a tractor. I do use the 2310 for some mowing and plowing the drive in winter as it's a lot more manuverable and can get into some places the 1533 can't. But, for what it's worth, my buddie's old '84 JD 2150 2wd will outwork anything I have.

o-Yeah....well my buddies tractor will eat your buddies 2150 for lunch....so there. (grin)

Of course they are tractors...scuts are just a smaller version of a small tractor....which is small compared to a bigger one....well you get the idea. :D

/ Are SCUT really Tractors #17  
SCUTs are, IMHO, tractors as they serve all functions of a utility tractor (matter of degree, not functionality).
I would add that a "lawn tractor" is in the shape/form of a tractor, probably adds to the appeal, but lacks the fundamental characteristics/functionality of a bona fide tractor.
If it has a 3 point it is a tractor in my book.
Bona fide good point

/ Are SCUT really Tractors #18  
Many tractors were made before the 3 ph was invented.

Who cares what someone else calls them. :D

/ Are SCUT really Tractors #20  
Are you looking for dictionary version....or your version??

Lawn Tractor
Garden tractor
SCUT
CUT
AG tractor
Crawler tractor

All different definitions/capabilities....but all tractors.