Are Southern kids soft?

/ Are Southern kids soft? #1  

orezok

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
C0985A52-E69F-4E72-AAFE-2EC67C655BA7.png

/ Are Southern kids soft? #2  
It's more likely that those southern states produce more military recruits, hence more injuries.

Something like 40%+ of military recruits come from the south.

One could guess that if 40% of the population accounts for 34% of the injuries, they are probably tougher than the rest of the population, not softer.

/ Are Southern kids soft? #4  
Being on disability does not necessarily correlate with physical shape.
My former boss was on 70% disability and an avid healthy skier. Some people can work the system.

/ Are Southern kids soft? #5  
It's more likely that those southern states produce more military recruits, hence more injuries.

Something like 40%+ of military recruits come from the south.

One could guess that if 40% of the population accounts for 34% of the injuries, they are probably tougher than the rest of the population, not softer.
Moss, you beat me to it. Statistics show that more southerners are eager to fight for our country for one reason or another with poverty being one of the reasons.

/ Are Southern kids soft? #6  
Yeah, certainly when I was in it seemed most of the folks around me were from southern states.

/ Are Southern kids soft? #7  
Yeah, certainly when I was in it seemed most of the folks around me were from southern states.
There’s still a lot of love for country in the south and Texas. My recent visit to Texas left me in a state of shock. American flags and Texas flags flying everywhere. Patriotism in the air. Same with Florida. you go down there and actually return to PA feeling like some patriotism still exists.

In PA, I believe patriotism was high until the end of Vietnam, judging only by my observation of how many war memorials we have around here and the downturn of registering into the armed forces. Patriotism is pretty much dead now in my area. We are down to a few people flying the flag on Independence Day or Memorial Day. Pretty sad state of affairs, but that’s just my opinion and observation.

I would say southern and Texas people as a group are the most willing to go to battle. There’s probably still a few in the Northeast. I don’t know about the west and the west coast.

Last edited:
   / Are Southern kids soft? #9  
It has a lot to do with the location of military bases. Children of those in the military are more likely to join the military.

Some will be less likely due to join the recent renaming of numerous military bases.

/ Are Southern kids soft? #10  
It has a lot to do with the location of military bases. Children of those in the military are more likely to join the military.

Some will be less likely due to join the recent renaming of numerous military bases.

Good point. We have few military bases in PA.