Are these prices reasonable?

/ Are these prices reasonable? #1  

SpinyMouse

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti LK3054XS
My local Kioti dealer here in central NH is quoting $13,700 for a CK20HST with FEL and $14,750 for an LK3054 also with FEL. How do these prices stack up?

He wasn't very keen on the CK20. He says he feels they are underpowered because they bog down when you accelerate sharply in hi range, even with the throttle on full. What do you think?

I drove both and moved some gravel around with the FELs. The CK20HST was definitely easier to control, but the LK3054 clearly had more power. The 30 horse machine is probably more than I need, but with only $1k difference, it sure is tempting to go with the larger machine. Who knows, my "needs" may increase as time goes on. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Are these prices reasonable?
Oh, he also suggested I not wait because once these sell, it will cost me an extra $1500 shipping to order one.

Does this make sense? I mean, they don't add a separate shipping charge for those already on the lot, yet they want to charge shipping to a customer who wants one that isn't on the lot. Isn't the cost to the dealer the same?

/ Are these prices reasonable? #3  
I just went through the same decision & ended up with the LK3054. The price difference was about $2k in my case, so it looks like you may have a good deal. What FEL is on the LK? I have a Rhino 2408 on mine, perhaps that accounts for some of the difference. I was dead set on getting a hydro, but when it came down to it, I liked the feel of the shuttle unit better, and the fairly modest price increase seemed well worth it. It's still a tough choice, as I liked the CK20.

/ Are these prices reasonable? #4  
[He wasn't very keen on the CK20. He says he feels they are underpowered because they bog down when you accelerate sharply in hi range, even with the throttle on full. What do you think?

color:red] </font>

Maybe Kiotijohn or Dewave among others CK20 owners, will be able to answer you on that. I'll be looking forward to the feedback. Good Question. I haven't bought one yet, but I'm very insterested in the CK20. Thanks cag.

/ Are these prices reasonable? #5  
I'd have to say that $1500 extra to order one is a bunch of Horse@#$%. I got a rock bottom price on a CK20HST with FEL and MMM for $12,650. Another dealer quoted me $15,000 and another was higher than that. I am going 90 miles for mine.

/ Are these prices reasonable? #6  
<font color="blue"> He says he feels they are underpowered because they bog down when you accelerate sharply in hi range, even with the throttle on full. </font>

Take any gear tranny tractor put it in high range, full throttle and pop the clutch and see what happens. Usally puffs of black smoke, a groan and moan and then up to speed. Thats what the CK20 would do as well, I guess. I rarely use it because it is pretty fast and bumps my FEL/BH and me around pretty good. I would agree the high range does put extra strain on the 21 HP when taking off. I operate my CK20 at around 2000-2200 rpm's with no problems. If it needs anything it would be a middle gear between the low and high. The CK25-30 will have that gear setup.

/ Are these prices reasonable? #7  
I would rather have power I don't use rather than not enough.

/ Are these prices reasonable? #8  
Hi SpinyMouse and welcome to TBN. First, make sure you would be getting the newest LK3054XS at that price, not the older model. I have the CK20HST and when using the high range, you generally don't really have a problem with the lower power unless you keep the wheel turned all the way to left or right which you don't do often, and it is only just when you get started. Most of the time when working, you will be in low range and there is no problem. Also, if the RPM is up, the problem is really not bad at all. I don't find it to BE a problem AT ALL. The little CK is very powerful, and does many many jobs around my properties. I bush hog, Load, dig, use a landscape rake, boxblade, boompole, toothbar, pallet forks and get all my jobs done with few exceptions. As for the prices, they don't seem out of order for New England which tends to be higher. I just got a quote for a friend on an LK 3054XS with the Kioti loader: Here is a paste from the e-mail from the dealer:
OK-- LK3054 List Price $14235.00 Sell at $12,099.00

KL1230 Loader with a 60" Bucket List $3245.00 Sell at $2758.00
This is more than your price for the 3054, if it is an XS, the newer model.
I paid $9985 for the CK20 and $1985 for the KL120 Loader. So, at $11970, cheaper than your quote. You would be quite happy with either tractor, if the 3054 is the XS model (gear shift next to the steering wheel, not on the platform) If it's not, the price is a little high, and I would prefer to have the newer model with it's improvements, larger clutch assembly, better placement of gear shift, higher hydraulic capacity etc. You would adapt to either type transmission and in a little while be very proficient with either of them. I don't think I like your dealer and his pressure tactics. The statement about paying $1500 shipping is total crap as you NEVER should have to pay shipping unless you're buying from an out of area dealer. Also, you should check to see if this dealer is going to deliver to your home for free or not. Be wary of anyone who trys to pull that crap. Hope this helps, John

/ Are these prices reasonable?
Thank you gentlemen for all your candid and thoughtful comments.

I also thought that $1500 shipping charge was out of line, but being new to tractors I didn't know if it was just an industry standard that I would have to put up with. Thanks for setting me straight.

The 3054 is an older model with the shift on the floor. But I still enjoyed the test drive. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

As for the bogging issue on the CK20HST, you guys are right. Pop the clutch in high gear on any machine and it will bog and lug. And that pedal on the tractor shifts the transmission rather than throttling the engine, something the dealer seemed a little confused on.

I know of one other KIOTI dealer at a reasonable distance from me. I think I'll go visit him too.

/ Are these prices reasonable? #10  
KIOTIJOHN, You are beinging a little harsh on us dealers, every consumer pays shipping on their tractor, It is just a matter of how the dealers choises to tell the customer wether it is in the purchase or seperate line on the bill of sale, and the harder you beat a dealer up the first time around he will be you back some where down the road. Just remember we are doing this to make a living and wether we make are living on selling tractors parts or service, We have to eat too! Now some dealers are out of price range, but that is why we have sites like this to see where we stand! I prefer to give the best all around price on everything instead of giving away a tractor and charging you $50.00 on a oil filter! Also like everybody says shipping prices to the northeast are much higher it costs me around $500/$800 to get a tractor to my lot and I am in Pa. unless of corse I buy a full load of about $150,000.00 and then I can devide my shipping cost over a bunch of different products.