Are these prices reasonable?

/ Are these prices reasonable?
Oh, I don't mind paying for the shipping. Like you said, the dealer is trying to earn a living and I don't expect a free lunch.

What bothered me was paying that extra money above what he charges for machines already on the lot.

In any case, I'm not in a hurry and can easily wait until what I want shows up on the lot again in the future. That way, this would become a moot point with that dealer and there is no need to even discuss it with him. It's nice having time on my side.

/ Are these prices reasonable? #12  
This discussion is very timely. I'm going to look at the CK20 and 3054xs today. Over the phone he quoted me $12,900 for the CK20hst and $15,500 for the 3054xs. He also has Century's and I think its TWN's?

/ Are these prices reasonable? #13  
Ok, I just got back from the dealer. 80 miles each way. He wanted $15,950 for a 3954sx with 1230 FEL, 60" bucket, Industrial tires filled with calcium and a 72" 1572 Land Pride box blade, free delivery. He added $450 for the R4 tires. That sounded like a lot to me. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif This a little higher than the out of state dealers, but at least he's a little closer. Does this sound like a good price? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Are these prices reasonable? #14  
Wallace, I don't remember mentioning any dealers other than the one Spinymouse went to. I have searched tractors for years, and I have NEVER had a dealer tell me I was going to have to pay shipping on my tractor. That dealer was obviously using it as a pressure sales tactic, at least I would take it that way, and LEAVE. You know by what I paid that I did not try to BEAT my dealer down to the last penny. I never even argued price with him. I asked how much, he said ... and I said I'll take it. I could have done better by shopping and bargaining, but I didn't feel it was necessary and I liked the dealer. I know several others who've done better on price than I, but it's not important. But I wouldn't stand for a dealer telling me, "You better buy it now, or it will cost you $1500 extra next time." That dealer had paid for shipping on the tractor he had on the lot didn't he? Why would it then cost $1500 a little later? Pressure Sales. I hope you don't deal that way. John

/ Are these prices reasonable? #15  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( That dealer was obviously using it as a pressure sales tactic, at least I would take it that way, )</font>

Did you ever think it would cost that much to get tit to New hampshire. If the one he has came on a full load then it is like wallace said you get a price break,we do you can get about 12 smaller tractors on one load.If he has to order just one tractor then he has to pay the higher price to get it shipped. It cost us $500 to get one DK65C shipped when we added a DK55 to it it went to $400ea we waited a week until they had a load coming to Ohio it cost us $250ea in this cae a full load was 4 tractors so if you get 12 tractors in a crate you can see how the price would be a lot cheaper.The ck20's come stacked 2 high and 2 wide on the truck

/ Are these prices reasonable? #16  
Before I bought my DK I would compare prices on Ebay & Trader Online to find out the going rate for the tractor I wanted to purchase. I paid $17,800 for a DK45 with a Woods FEL . The dealer shipped it to my home 70 miles away for no extra charge.I did not dicker over the price,what I paid was what they quoted me.Sometimes you luck out!

Charlie

/ Are these prices reasonable? #17  
And tell us, don't you just love that tractor? I sat one recently, and it sure is fine. Are you going to post some pics of it from around your place? I love the photos of other people's tractors. Thanks, John CK20Shots

/ Are these prices reasonable? #18  
I don't think I deal that way, at least I have not had any complants yet. I think I give a fair price on everything. I have been in business since April of last year and I have sold 38 units. I have all the big guys close to me like JD, NH,Cub,Kubota. I was told by my sales rep that in 2002 the combined dealers in my area sold a total of 47 units so with that said I must be doing something right.

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Are these prices reasonable? #19  
See there Wallace, you're smarter than the other dealer and see that you don't have to push/pressure someone into buying by threatening to charge $1500 for shipping. Obviously the tractors that guy has had to be shipped in, and he had included that in the price, but just to try to push Spinymouse into buying right then, he throws out the huge shipping charge. I'm glad you're not like that, and I kinda figured you weren't. John

/ Are these prices reasonable? #20  
Call Upper Valley Tractor in Enfield NH and ask for Dave. My buddy and I bought CK-20's this month. I spoke with all the Kioti dealers in NH and he was almost $2500 less and he delivered the tractor on a Sunday. Enjoyed the experiencce.

The "Big" Kubota dealer wanted $19,950 for the 7510 equally equipped. When I asked if he would negotiate price he said "I can't slow down long enough to deal. If I give you a deal your friends will want a deal."
My friend and I bought from Kioti.
Cpt Dave