Are tractors with cabs becoming the norm?

/ Are tractors with cabs becoming the norm? #11  
I have cab (LS P7010) and open station and my go to is the open station B26 not so much for the open cab but for the small size and better vision for FEL and backhoe work. Cabs cut the visibility a lot especially for finesse dirt work.
Working in the air conditioned cab on those 100F days is sure nice but only if I am doing something that requires minimal visibility, like bush hogging or when I am needing to move several tons of dirt a long distance.

I think there will always be a market for both.

/ Are tractors with cabs becoming the norm? #12  
For commercial use around here(dairy farms) you only see open station tractors on the small farms and most of them are quite old.My nephews work on a large operation and spend 12-16 hrs.a day during the busy seasons;this makes a cabbed tractor a must.

/ Are tractors with cabs becoming the norm? #13  
Why I like cabs. Has nothing to do with snow!

image-3045461660.jpg image-3961707299.jpg image-1716749683.jpg

After 3 hours of cleaning.

image-1881844062.jpg

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Are tractors with cabs becoming the norm? #14  
cab = lower noise , cooler in the summer , warmer in the winter , dryer in the wet , a better work environment all around ( for most things ) ......

no cab = none of the above ... like driving an old convertible with the top down , all year round ...

ever wonder why all the older farmers have faces like leather?

/ Are tractors with cabs becoming the norm? #15  
Not this guy. I kept thinking of a getting a cab model but just can't seem to want it.
There's already enough woos-ification in each new generation, so I'll keep dealing with bugs in the summer and cold in the winter.

We have a plow truck, loader and backhoe.....and I use my open station Kubota.

/ Are tractors with cabs becoming the norm? #16  
Is a tractor without a cab becoming obsolete?

It used to be that most tractors did not have a cab and that a tractor with a cab was somewhat of an exception. Slowly, cabs have gained in numbers and acceptability and now I wonder if a tractor without a cab will become the exception and that almost all tractors will have cabs in the future. Today I drove by a Deere dealer and out of maybe 30 tractors all had cabs but a couple.

What do you think? If you have a cab would you ever go back? Is a cab that great? Is a cab the wave of the future? Hint---I'm thinking of buying a cab tractor.

Are cab-on tractors taking over? I dunno. Are there more good days or bad days where you live?

/ Are tractors with cabs becoming the norm? #17  
I hardly ever see cabber tractors around here except for commercial construction models.

/ Are tractors with cabs becoming the norm? #18  
Many years age, before cab tractors, I've seen drivers work all day in the summer in dust like this. I know how they would vote.

DSC01157-e1410622451222.jpg

Bruce

/ Are tractors with cabs becoming the norm? #19  
I have to think it totally depends on your usage and climate. I seem to be constantly hopping on/off mine for what I do and I don't use it all day/every day. I don't blow snow either. If it was part of my daily job, constant usage or I had to deal with hot/cold, dirty conditions for very long at all, why not? No brainer... Cab then would be close to highest priority but for my needs and I would guess a lot of other SCUT/CUT owners that don't operate in unpleasant environment, it would be a negative. I enjoy the fresh air and the ease of mounting/dismounting. So, I think the question is a bit difficult to answer without narrowing down how/where/when it's used.

/ Are tractors with cabs becoming the norm? #20  
............................. It leads me to believe that the benefit of heat is a bigger deal than the A/C or dust protection.

My problem with a cab is that I don't have a structure to store anything that tall.

One of the reasons I built my own cab was the door height of the shed. Having a warm place in the winter is a biggie for me. Sure is nice to be able to spend as long as I want clearing snow in a flannel shirt. My cab is sectional and not too difficult to get off and on. I removed it for the first summer, but left it on this year. I did lift the doors off and installed a 2 speed "bus driver" fan. Having the roof and tinted glass the cab was more comfortable than riding in the sun. Had skin cancer twice, so getting burnt isn't something on my to do list.