asv rc100

/ asv rc100 #11  
Hey Mike, If sharpening is an issue forget the timberax. The way we make money is being able to go from job to job everyday. Not having down time for sharpening blades as I have to do know. At the time of purchase they gave me a very good deal on it and the replacement set of blades was only 500-600 $,they also included a set with purchase. Know they have changed the metal they are made from and know a set is about 1200 $. Plus I'm not getting anywhere close to the life expectancy I would like therefore that's the purpose behind the carbide demo. By no means is it a bad decision just what works for you. As far as the size of mulch left behind look at the loftness web site and look at the carbide cutter page and timberax page, they both show mulch size. Unless your comparing side by side I have found the customers not that concerned with actual size. I would compare chip size to what you would by by the truck load at a nursery. Also you dealing with carbide teeth already that is a plus, also you would know if you can sharpen them or reface. I have heard you can and cannot?? The price sounds very good. I did a lot of homework when buying my stuff but you have raised the bar buddy. Another point with customers could be tell them you leave mulched material on ground and not be as specific so to avoid conflict of material size, but are also right in that you can go back over and mulch finer if they so desire. Good conversation. Robbie

/ asv rc100 #12  
The CAT labeled mulcher head is made by FAE (Italian).

/ asv rc100 #13  
Thanks for the info Diesel24, I knew it had to be made by one of the top major manufacturers I just have never seen one labeled cat. I probably could have figured it out if I saw personally for they each have distinguishing features. Thanks again. Robbie

/ asv rc100
My older brother has been in the tool and die industry 25 years, he has sharpened my teeth for years,(for stump grinder). I do not believe the teeth for the mulching heads can be sharpened. If it can be done I do feel I have an outlet. I do believe the head on the cat was produced by fae.It is identical to some heads labeled rayco brand. Iwould assume fae makes some models for rayco. Something I found interesting was the cat sales rep suggested the loggering track system as opposed to the asv tracks for my application.Robbie, do you service your machine? Oil changes? I am hearing the asv is very difficult to access. Thanks,Mike

/ asv rc100 #15  
Hey Mike, When you get your head and can determine if you can indeed sharpen please let me know. I'm fairly certian rayco makes there own heads but i'm not sure. I had a rayco dealer who leaves near by approach me in a parking after seeing my tractor and we talked a while. He gave me some literature on there 87 hp tractor and 130 hp one if I was interested in moving up. Long story short there prices are competetive and they seemed pretty capable. He said we can do a demo in spring sometime. The interesting thing about them is they run the same 37-41 gpm but at an amazing 6000psi. He said that is where the torque comes from. Just thought it was interesting. I have heard the same statments about the track setup, not sure where that comes from?? I do all the day to day greasing and checks, dropping of the skid pans to clean, etc. My dealer services it free {oil and filter} because I purchased there so if it needs anything else I let them do it to help on tradin value when I'm ready, and its already there.I would much rather have my engine mounted front to back than side to side anyday.If you raise the cab access is pretty good and raising is fairly simple,two bolts. Side note FAE is building a new plant on the other side of Atlanta from me. If you have time you can watch my tractor run on our web site, it's www.trinitymulching.com.I I'd be honored if you have a look. Talk soon Robbie

/ asv rc100
If I purchase the asv, my dealer is 130 miles, which means I will do most of the service work myself. Very professional web site, definitely gives credibility to your business. Do you pay a monthly fee for your web site? thanks, Mike

/ asv rc100 #17  
Hey Mike,Thanks for the feedback on our web site,I'm glad you like it. The site fee was very seasonable and I believe we opted for quartely updates [new pictures,videos, services,etc.] which had a yearly fee but it also was not that much. You can talk about these tractors all day long but seeing in action is priceless.I think there is a link on our site somewhere you can get in touch with the lady who does them and she'll be glad to give you a quote. We designed our entire site via emails.I'm extremely pleased with it.
Yes 130 miles is a bit far so I understand you serviceing. Also by running my tractor w/head exclusivly I do not put as many hours on it as say a contractor doing grading would so that will help you. Fortinutly{spell] my dealer is 20 miles at the most and a couple of the sales reps live close by so its a win win for me.
You will also like this, my head design is most similiar to a tree chipping machine, once the blades get ahold of the tree they pull it into itself as it goes, so it will eat a 20' tree in about 4 seconds. It's very impressive to watch. That's the part my wife likes the best.You can see a little of that on the first video as our web site opens.
I hope all works out for you for right know would be a prime time to get going and be ready for spring. Good luck and keep us posted. Robbie

/ asv rc100 #18  
Robbie, maybe I missed it but what head are you running with you RC100?

/ asv rc100 #19  
I am running a loftness timberax 73" cut. I demoed a carbide cutter today and will not be getting rid of my timberax anytime soon. I have an issue with heads throwing debri back at the tractor. Timberax's are the only head I know of that run reverse form others. Keeps debri out front, which means cleaner machine. The carbide cutter can handle a larger tree but that's about it. I could out perform a carbide toothed head any day. So far it has worked extremely well on my RC-100. It takes alot to bog it down. Robbie

/ asv rc100 #20  
Robbie,

Once again good input.

All,

What kind of fuel economy are you getting with your ASV RC100's? I am assuming it will range from 4-6 gal/hour depending on application with mulching being very demanding.

Thanks
Mark