At Home In The Woods

/ At Home In The Woods #5,171  
Obed, I hate to tell ya this, but a bigger welder is in order for Tractor stuff. A 175 amp mig is minimum, or just about any stick welder....sorry man:cool:

If you do upgrade the first time you run a bead your going to feel like Jake in the church:
tn_BLUES_BROTHERS-9_zps24f9b82e.jpg

tn_BLUES_BROTHERS-10_zps771d018e.jpg

....you WILL SEE THE LIGHT:laughing:

/ At Home In The Woods #5,172  
How close are you to the work?

Are you watching the welding at an arms length, or is your mask 12" from the welding action?

Good point I don't think we have made this point but I have thought it. OBded you need to have your face close so that you can see and not just a glowing cherry, the actual metal flowing as it melts. Your mask will have slag splatter onto It you should be so close.

/ At Home In The Woods #5,173  
I use an in helmet magnifier. I will say iy is the best purchase I have made for welding in a while. 1.5x on amazon for $5. Don't have a clue how to properly mount.

/ At Home In The Woods
#5,174  
clemsonfor said:
Good point I don't think we have made this point but I have thought it. OBded you need to have your face close so that you can see and not just a glowing cherry, the actual metal flowing as it melts. Your mask will have slag splatter onto It you should be so close.
I am going to do some experimenting to find some solution to my trouble seeing.

/ At Home In The Woods
#5,175  
woodlandfarms said:
I use an in helmet magnifier. I will say iy is the best purchase I have made for welding in a while. 1.5x on amazon for $5. Don't have a clue how to properly mount.
I'm nearsighted so my close-up vision is actually better without my glasses on. I'll try a practice weld without wearing my glasses and see if that helps.
Obed

/ At Home In The Woods #5,176  
Rethink clover. It is beautiful, not a week but food for the bees.

Pat

/ At Home In The Woods #5,177  

There are rectangular lenses in various diopters that fit a standard (small) window of a hood. Maybe in your case a little judiciously applied duct tape.

Pat

/ At Home In The Woods
#5,178  
Obed, I hate to tell ya this, but a bigger welder is in order for Tractor stuff. A 175 amp mig is minimum, or just about any stick welder....sorry man:cool:

If you do upgrade the first time you run a bead your going to feel like Jake in the church:
tn_BLUES_BROTHERS-9_zps24f9b82e.jpg

tn_BLUES_BROTHERS-10_zps771d018e.jpg

....you WILL SEE THE LIGHT:laughing:
MotorSeven,
I think I got the picture!
Obed

/ At Home In The Woods
#5,179  
How close are you to the work?

Are you watching the welding at an arms length, or is your mask 12" from the welding action?
jdonovan,
I'm not really sure. I'll pay more attention next time.
Obed

/ At Home In The Woods
#5,180  
While we were sitting at the table eating breakfast, it was raining heavily outside and we noticed water pouring over one of the gutters. That surprised me because I had cleaned out all the gutters last fall after all the leaves had fallen. I particularly did not like the location the water was overflowing as it could lead to water up against the basement foundation in a spot that never gets sun.

IMG_0628.JPG

When the steady rain slowed a little I brought out the ladder and checked out the gutter. The downspout was covered with oak tree fuzz. I'm sure there's a better name for the stuff but that's the best description I have. I removed 2 handfuls of the stuff from the gutter and the water was flowing freely again.

Installing the ladder stabilizer at the top of the ladder and putting the ladder levelers at the bottom of the ladder were certainly wonderful attachments. The increased confidence I have in climbing to the top of a 24' high wall is remarkable.