Attachment storage?

/ Attachment storage? #11  
I can't post a picture. How!

/ Attachment storage? #12  
Heavy-duty wheeled pallets (some specifically designed) for me.

My sheds floor is a concrete slab and it's a breeze to wheel them into position and attach, both front & back implements. I can also slide all of the un-used implements into one corner of the shed... ganged together in a 'conga line'. Very easy to get at the implement I want when needed.
IMG_0149.jpg

/ Attachment storage? #13  
I used to keep all my attachments inside a shed. It was easy to put the snow plow in up against the back wall, then the brush cutter, then the small and large buckets (nested) with the pallet forks and misc small attachments in them resting against the back of the brush cutter, with the 60" mower on the PT and rested down on top of it all. That took up about 15' in a 17' shed, so I still had 2' to walk behind it all. Well.... the wife wants to keep the nice car in the garage, so I had to put the stuff in the car garage in the tractor shed, so the tractor shed is now the stuff shed and the implements sit outside behind the garage. I still stack them up to save space and trow a tarp over the top of them. That keeps the rain off. But its not down to the ground, so moisture evaporates and nothing has rusted to speak of, with the exception of one castering wheel tube on one of the attachments (can't recall which one) that made it just about impossible to get the caster pin out. Had to heat and beat for hours. Keep 'em greased fellas!!! :rolleyes:

/ Attachment storage? #14  
I cut out a section of hillside along my driveway and used Home Depot wall stones to build a storage area for mine. I have to leave them outside, but I put them on 4X4's or pallets and cover them in the winter, except for the snow plow.P7040008.JPGP7040008.JPG

/ Attachment storage? #15  
I would love a nice big shop to store all my implements, but everything I own is outside in the weather. For the amount of money it would cost me to build a large enough implement shop/garage, I could buy brand new implements and scrap the ones I currently own a few times over.

/ Attachment storage? #16  
Heavy-duty wheeled pallets (some specifically designed) for me.

My sheds floor is a concrete slab and it's a breeze to wheel them into position and attach, both front & back implements. I can also slide all of the un-used implements into one corner of the shed... ganged together in a 'conga line'. Very easy to get at the implement I want when needed.
View attachment 473133

Hi Wagtail,

Great minds think alike- 'cause that is exactly what we have been doing- the only oops so far was underestimating the weight rating needed for safe storage of our ballast box.

Luckily for us, the specialty injection molding shop behind my office gets a lot of molds and other equipment delivered on all kinds of oddly shaped and sized pallets, a large number of which come home with me and make great specialty dolly bases among other things.

Where did you source your casters?

I like having things movable, so I'm always looking for more- so far I have gotten them from HF, Northern Tool, Enci, TSC, and anywhere else I can find decent ones for a decent price.

/ Attachment storage? #17  
Realize if you are storing these on a pallet rack that you have to leave enough room for the tractor to be able to drive forward and back to load and unload the rack. That is a huge amount of space to use up un a barn or shop. I have one inside that is directly accessible via an overhead door that I do not use for anything else so that one only takes up the space of the rack. Another way to reasonably have one inside is at the end of an aisle where you are using the pre-existing aisle for the tractor to move in. The space you need to move in is larger than the rack space. That is why I put a covered rack outside.

And yes, you have to be very careful loading and loading the rack. If you put a large amount of down pressure on the beam, it will bend.

Ken

/ Attachment storage? #18  
I have a lean too on my shed. It holds two buckets.

image-2814327318.jpg

/ Attachment storage? #19  
I'll second the caution on storing attachments on racks and FEL down pressure.... make the rack strong enough to hold the entire weight of the tractor! :laughing: I bent my shelf setting a mower deck down.