Attention Walmart Shoppers

/ Attention Walmart Shoppers #42  
The local Sams club is right beside Wal Mart...
We go there to buy food supplies and sundries for the church and Optimist Club...
Very convenient since it is right across the road from where I work...
I get a $10 gift card each year I sign up for Sam's club so that helps some...
I find that many items I can buy cheaper in other stores...
Just like Tractor Supply hydraulic fluid for $25 per 5 gal pail...
We buy our gas at Sams Club due to the lower price...
I figure that I save double the yearly fee with gas purchases alone...
Not a bad deal...

/ Attention Walmart Shoppers #43  
These membership deals do annoy me. I just don't like the idea of paying them to take my money. However . . . I've been a member of Sam's Club since the first one came to Dallas and we now have 2 within 10 miles of home so that membership fee does save us some money in the long run. But in spite of the invitations we got in the mail, we still do not have a membership in Costco.

/ Attention Walmart Shoppers #44  
These membership deals do annoy me. I just don't like the idea of paying them to take my money. However . . . I've been a member of Sam's Club since the first one came to Dallas and we now have 2 within 10 miles of home so that membership fee does save us some money in the long run. But in spite of the invitations we got in the mail, we still do not have a membership in Costco.
Bird
Could Costco be like Sears that sent me a notice that they were concerned about my credit application 50 years ago. Still waiting and have not purchased anything from there stores. Guess never will either.
ken

/ Attention Walmart Shoppers #45  
Ken, I've never had a Sears credit card, although a salesman tried to get me to apply for one and told me I didn't need to fill out all that application; just a few blanks that he said was all that was needed. So I let him do that, and I later got a notice in the mail that the application had been turned down because insufficient information was provided.:laughing: However, without a credit card, Sears had been happy to sell me a sewing machine once on time pay, and later a home entertainment center.

/ Attention Walmart Shoppers #46  
I don't mind paying the membership fees at Sam's Club because I easily save that fee many times over during the year. Just the savings in OTC meds is probably sufficient to pay the membership. I also believe they are building a new Costco in far north Fort Worth. We'll probably join at least for a year when they open. My in-laws are Costco members, so we could keep Sam's and use their Costco if we find we can't justify both. Sometimes the savings in fuel and convenience is alsmost worth the cost of membership. This year at Sam's we upgraded to the Plus Membership at $55 so we could get their cash back savings. I think we will come out ahead or next year we'll just go back to regular membership. I buy many things online at Sam's and get them shipped to my door free. I just bought a vinyl 8x10 shed, delivered to my house for what it would have cost me at the store at Lowes or HD. I'm pretty pleased with my Sam's membership and have been a continuous member since 1986.

/ Attention Walmart Shoppers #47  
It's a fun place for people-watching, and that's a fact. :)

That's probably what I like most about walmart. It sure does attract the strangest people. :laughing:

/ Attention Walmart Shoppers #49  
walmart is old school. Dollar general is the new game in town. They are going in one horse towns with NO chain stores and doing quite well.

/ Attention Walmart Shoppers #50  
walmart is old school. Dollar general is the new game in town. They are going in one horse towns with NO chain stores and doing quite well.

I believe they have it planned that way, and it's serving them quite well.