ATTN: Heavy BOX BLADE Experts.....Give us your opinions please.

/ ATTN: Heavy BOX BLADE Experts.....Give us your opinions please. #61  
The Gannon is the best. If a cheaper brand did the same then Gannon would not be found on the back of new 5000o dollar Case loaders.

It is heavy to make it cut and also not bend up. The construction makes it heavy. The don't just add some weights. If they did you would see bent Gannon's.

Clone a Gannon and sell it for less! If you cut corners you will be selling less of a box blade.

I used a cheap box blade with a bunch of railroad rail strapped on the back until it bent. Then I got the Gannon. No regrets.

/ ATTN: Heavy BOX BLADE Experts.....Give us your opinions please. #62  
The Gannon is the best. If a cheaper brand did the same then Gannon would not be found on the back of new 5000o dollar Case loaders.

It is heavy to make it cut and also not bend up. The construction makes it heavy. The don't just add some weights. If they did you would see bent Gannon's.

Clone a Gannon and sell it for less! If you cut corners you will be selling less of a box blade.

I used a cheap box blade with a bunch of railroad rail strapped on the back until it bent. Then I got the Gannon. No regrets.

I'm with JRP. I will say there is no blade better. Might be a couple that are comparable.

Not trying to start a brand war. Just trying to get the point across to EA that most of the posters on this thread are talking about something comparable to the Gannon when talking about a HD blade. Not sure what EA's definition of a HD blade is since they already have the "Extreme whatever" model and now are asking our opinions on a HD blade. :confused:

/ ATTN: Heavy BOX BLADE Experts.....Give us your opinions please. #63  
What will the name be for the new BB?

/ ATTN: Heavy BOX BLADE Experts.....Give us your opinions please. #64  
Perhaps.......The Mega-Mastadon Series, from ETA.

Last edited:
   / ATTN: Heavy BOX BLADE Experts.....Give us your opinions please. #66  
I am anxiously awaiting the answer to this question..... :D

Ground Hog. :groundhog: :confused3:

models GH60-875
GH66-960
GH72-1050
GH78-1140
GH84-1225
GH96-1400

/ ATTN: Heavy BOX BLADE Experts.....Give us your opinions please. #68  
Come on, Brian. Pump it UP.

We look up to you.

Well, at least I have the model numbers figured out. This way you can just tell SWMBO that you want to get a Ground Hog to help out in the yard. :eek:

/ ATTN: Heavy BOX BLADE Experts.....Give us your opinions please. #69  
I'm with JRP. I will say there is no blade better. Might be a couple that are comparable.

Not trying to start a brand war. Just trying to get the point across to EA that most of the posters on this thread are talking about something comparable to the Gannon when talking about a HD blade. Not sure what EA's definition of a HD blade is since they already have the "Extreme whatever" model and now are asking our opinions on a HD blade. :confused:

I understand EA's frustration because every time there is a "what box blade should I buy" thread someone will come up with a pound per foot formula where their current models fall short by about 50 lbs. The reasoning is that it will skip more than the Mascot at a gay pride parade. Then this happens:

My sr 20 or 25 (6 footer) is a load to say the least for my Kioti ck35.

I hope he bought this for his next tractor because if he fills it with wet material he could easily exceed the lift capacity of his tractor. No, he won't hurt his Gannon but he could damage his tractor. I'm sure he was influenced by recommendations on here.

The enigma wrapped in a conundrum is what is enough weight versus not exceeding your tractors capabilities for those looking at a new box blade. I know, I just went through it.

The Gannon is nice, my tractor would handle it but do I need to spend three times the price? I figured I could get a box blade, rake and have money towards a land plane for what I would pay for the Gannon.

I have put in over a mile of trails and am cutting a 600 foot drainage swail with the EA box blade and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. Not sure what kind of material needs 150 lbs per foot to cut, but If I'm not paying attention I can overload the blade (have it spilling over the top and pushing against the rear tires) before I move the length of the tractor and FEL. Does everyone else live in a stone quarry?

EA is trying to respond to the naysayers of their current models and I'm afraid anything short of a Gannon clone will receive a cool reception. The truth is for the majority of people on here would be quite pleased with their current offerings.

/ ATTN: Heavy BOX BLADE Experts.....Give us your opinions please.
What will the name be for the new BB?

I think it will simply be THE BEAST.
If he doesn't shave some off, it is going to be heavier than the Gannon.