Tractor
1957 Case 311, Cub cadet 800, 1981Snapper LT11,2002 Kubota B7500HSD
My son on his old Suzuki.

Attachments

• 35-191026-IMG00014.jpg
    35-191026-IMG00014.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 159
   / ATV fun #2  
My guy is 2 and already I am eyeing them off for him.

They aren't cheap though.

Any do's/don'ts in selecting a quad (as we call them) for young kids?

Cheers

/ ATV fun #3  
When selecting the quad for the young one, make sure that you adhere to the manufacturers guidelines as far as age and the size of the machine. Follow all of the guidelines they give you.

These rules are for the safety of the person driving the atv. You do not want to end up at the emergancy room or worse.

/ ATV fun #4  
You do not want to end up at the emergancy room or worse.

ON motorcycles or atv's, esp. with kids, it's not a matter of when you're going to the er it's a matter of how bad it's going to be.

/ ATV fun #5  
ON motorcycles or atv's, esp. with kids, it's not a matter of when you're going to the er it's a matter of how bad it's going to be.

I wouldnt say that. Ive been riding for 8 years and haven gotten hurt bad yet. I started on a yamaha 80 enduro motorcycle and only dumped it a couple times. Then we got a honda oddysey(sp?) and flipped that 3 times. That 4 point harness hurts you neck! Rolled my kawasaki 220 quad 5 times. during the winter i was racing through the woods on the 220 and there was an ice patch the back end slid out hit a sapling and threw me. I dumped my dads 250 dirt bike once and i rolled my garden tractor. Maybe im just real lucky. Make sure your kid has all the gear. (gloves, helmet, goggles, maybe a chest protector, long pants, boots, long sleeve shirt) Oh yeah any ideas on convincing my dad to let me get a suzuki Z400 quad?

/ ATV fun #6  
<font color=red>Oh yeah any ideas on convincing my dad to let me get a suzuki Z400 quad</font color=red>

Be VERY VERY good./w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

I got to say, with your record, are you sure YOU want one./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Oh, and Ihave been there. I roled a garden tractor, and got 17 stiches in my knee from roling my ols ATC. People always tell me how dangerous the old 3 wheel atv were, and I tell them it was not the ATC, it was me. I would have hurt myself on anything! I just like to call it "pushing the envelope" /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ ATV fun #7  
I really didnt want my 220 but the only other choice i had was a 160 suzuki. Of course i picked the bigger one. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I dont like ATC's because they kill your stomach the next day. I think the oddysey might be worse than an ATC because there is no rear suspension. The great thing about them it that its belt drive like a snowmobile. The z400 seems like the best bang for the buck. The 400ex is the same price but it is air cooled and the z400 is liquid. Yamaha raptor is 800 dollars more and you get another 260cc's but i think that would be too much for me to handle right now.

/ ATV fun #8  
<font color=red>Yamaha raptor is 800 dollars more and you get another 260cc's but i think that would be too much for me to handle right now. </font color=red>

One thing I learned from motorcycles also relates to ATV's. It's a lot more fun to ride a slow bike fast, then a fast bike slow.

/ ATV fun #9  
Guys I have been riding all my life and the manufacture's age ratings are forced on them by the government. It is a load of crap. The child abilltiy and size should determine what he can and can't ride.
And it is the responsiblity of the parents to teach them how to ride safely and with respect for other riders. Don't just turn them loose and let them ride all over other people's property with no helmet. The kids only know what they are taught.

Attachments

• 35-191571-Image-13.JPG
    35-191571-Image-13.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 152
   / ATV fun #10  
The attachment on the last post is my 15 yr old hot rod. It will eat up and spit out any of these new high tech 4 stroke sport quads.
The attachment with this post is the work quad but it really ain't work to do anything with. It will scoot right down the trail pretty good also. The mower is a swisher rough cut with swing away blades.

Attachments

• 35-191574-Mower.jpg
    35-191574-Mower.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 132