Sprayer ATV sprayers

/ ATV sprayers #31  
I'm looking at the Fimco sprayers with a boom- both have a 140" boom, one with a 2.1 GPM pump and the other with a 3.8 GPM pump. I'm not sure what the disadvantage is of the smaller pump. The plan is to apply herbicde to the lawn and fileds-I have to trees to spray so I don't think I need the higher pressure- can anyone explain the advantages/disadvantages of GPM?

/ ATV sprayers #32  
I just bought a FIMCO 25 gallon boomless sprayer, and want to confirm something about using them, namely, I see many using them to spray herbacide. Should you avoid using them to spray any other type of chemical after using herbacide in them, or is there a sure fire way to clean them out between uses for other types of chemicals, such as liquid fertilizer or insecticides?

/ ATV sprayers #33  
TSC has a Tank detergent , for cleaning the Tank and Equipment after using Heavy Pesticides.

I am sure they have a detergent that would be used to cleanse after Herbacide use, but most Herbacides are easily diluted , and a few rinses with fresh water should take care of any residue.

For years I have rinsed the Hand held Garden sprayer after using it for Herbacide, then mixed a batch of Insectiside , sprayed the Beans, or Tomatoes with no ill effects.

/ ATV sprayers
Just used the sprayer with a mix today, and I had this bright idea. On the bottom left side of the tank is located the drain plug. Now, before I mixed the chemical, I was considering what I would do If I did NOT use all of the solution. Having worked with sprays before, I knew better than to allow the mix to remain in the hoses, nozzles, pump. This stuff can gum up and cause all kinds of problems. I really messed up a steam vac before by being lazy and not cleaning the lines after use, took forever to clean it out.

So, to the drain port, I removed the cap and connected a three foot length of garden hose. Here I have a female connection on one side and a male on the other. To the male end I placed a cap, much like the one that goes to the tank. This hose I will leave on the tank. I just weave it through the rack when tank is in use. When I finished, I quickly removed the cap while inserting hose into a can of appropriate size to hold the excess. On the next use, I'll simply add back to the tank. Following this, I was able to rinse the tank without wasting my mix or causing a problem by dumping.

/ ATV sprayers #36  
Hi,

I have a 70 litre silvan rackpack ATV sprayer. The manufacturer specify the use of alkaline laundry detergents for tank cleaning. They list brands, but i'm not sure if the australian brands would be the same as the US brands. basically any powdered coldwater laundry detergent that is biodegradable.

Cran

/ ATV sprayers #37  
Thanks HRS and others for the info. I ended up taking back the small sprayer and getting the 25 gal boomless. I managed to get the last one in the store since they are having their "end of the summer" clearance. Thanks again!

Lee

/ ATV sprayers
L Nicholson,
Great! I'm sure you will enjoy it. Yesterday, I took the 4-wheeler to the property. The heat and humidity nearly killed me. I ended up spraying three tanks on food plots and some bushes that I'd like to kill permanently. After all this work was done, I tried your suggestion on turning off all back nozzles except one. Here I kept the left nozzle on. I held the O/I switch in my hand. The left nozzle I set to about 24 degrees or two clicks above horizontal. Then I'd drive up to a bush in the pasture and turn on the tank. I found this much easier that trying to handle the wand, spray, and drive all at the same time. Next time out, I'll cut and add some wire between this switch and the tank, so that I will be able to use a little electrical tape and fasten the switch to the left handle grip for easy operation. I also found that using an end nozzle for spot treatment to be cleaner than the wand. Here I did not have to worry over wearing gloves, nozzle adjustment, etc.

/ ATV sprayers #40  
I finally got a chance to try my 25 gal. sprayer last week. Sprayed about 15 gallons of Thruicide (Bt) on trees infested with tent caterpillars. The spray from the wand reached to about the 30 foot level, not too bad.

I'm thinking of turning up the pressure relief valve to about 50 psi to get a little more distance.

Also, I'm going to figure out a method of installing some sort of "cruise" throttle for the atv so I can get a consistant speed. I'll need that when I begin to spray the orchard and the grapes next winter.