ATV, UTV, Lawn Tractor, or Sub Compact trailer choices

/ ATV, UTV, Lawn Tractor, or Sub Compact trailer choices #31  
Check mentioned the Woodland Mills T-Rex trailer. I've always thought that was an interesting option. It converts between a logging trailer and a dump bed (no tools required). The boom pole for loading is an interesting idea, but not necessary for me, since I'd usually be hand-loading split firewood or unsplit rounds. Bigger stuff I'd load with my tractor. The only downsides for my use: (1) while it will carry 2000#, it will only dump 650#, and (2) it's a little light for use behind my tractor (but a good match for a larger ATV or SCUT. The Woodland Mills Woodland ATV Trailer is another interesting option. Most of it is identical to the T-Rex, but it loses the boom pole and gains the ability to dump the full 2000# (Again, a bit light for what I'd want for use with my tractor.)

Actually, mine is in fact NOT the "T-Rex" model, because I wanted the full 2,000 lb. dumping capacity. But the boxes are the same for both models, with the big "T-Rex" logo on both. So, I like to call mine "T-Rex", just for fun!👍

/ ATV, UTV, Lawn Tractor, or Sub Compact trailer choices #32  
Check - how long have you had that Woodland Mills trailer, and how are you liking it? What kinds of things are you using it for? Is it holding up OK? Are there things you would change if you were designing it?

When I was looking, I compared it to the DR Versa-Trailer. It looks as though DR cloned an older version of the Woodland Mills T-Rex (the version with the boom pole). I thought the Woodland Mills product was a bit better executed. Better quality on the welds and finish. The only thing the DR had to its advantage was the ability to add a hitch onto the rear, so you could tow a log splitter or similar behind the trailer. While it was an interesting feature, it was not enough to make up for some quality of construction shortcomings in the DR model I saw.

/ ATV, UTV, Lawn Tractor, or Sub Compact trailer choices #33  
I bought the 1500 Polar trailer 8 years ago and it has held up well with a lot of abuse. The original tires were terrible but, as they are golf cart sizes, better tubeless replacements were easy. Switched to a 2" hitch right off to be compatible with everything else around here.

As for the dump feature, the geometry isn't right for unloading stuff but works well for loading stuff with wheels.

I've used mine alot for hauling firewood, tools, and construction stuff but not so much for brush & cleanup work as it quickly fills.

For cleaning up deadfall, limbs, and brush, I use a 5x9 tilt trailer (all welded with expanded metal floor). That thing you can really load to 8 feet high and wide, strap down the load, and waddle off to the brush pile.

So that justifies keeping both...

Bob