Aw.. its just surface rust!

/ Aw.. its just surface rust! #12  
I would hope that the owner would be shamed into removing that hitch from service after seeing a picture of it here.

/ Aw.. its just surface rust! #13  
Ditto what avc8130 said, where's the beef ?

/ Aw.. its just surface rust! #14  
Ditto what avc8130 said, where's the beef ?

I did some research on the internet, from what I could find the absolute worst thing that could happen might be a deformation of character law suit. However, that could really only happen if what was posted wasn't TRUE.

ac

/ Aw.. its just surface rust!
I didnt really care and as a person who is kind of leary of that stuff i took the few mins to blurr it. If i did not know how to do it in a few seconds i would not have worried and not have taken it down anyway.

/ Aw.. its just surface rust! #16  
Does that hitch qualify for HERES YOUR SIGHN ????????

/ Aw.. its just surface rust! #17  
I see at least one broken hitch a year. That one is pretty obvious that its a lost cause. Good thing is one can get a Curt hitch with thr best paint in the industry for about $100 delivered.
Only if you have a current vehicle. I haven't been able to find one for my 1997 Volvo V90 for under $175. Sadly not worth it for the little bit of towing that I would do with it.

Aaron Z

/ Aw.. its just surface rust! #18  
It is to early in the morning but..

Don't get me wrong I agree with what clemsonfor did,, bring attention to a possible unsafe situation. But as a private citizen you have rights until you are proven guilty..

What I said was liable for a lot of possibilities,, possibilities may not be legal as a law suit,, cause then you would have to show intent or malice ,, but bringing pain and suffering or undue stress because of good intentions doesn't make it right..

Okay let me see if I can explain it so it looks like am a good guy.. lol..

First: I don't know that he/she uses that hitch
Second: I don't know that he/she just bought that car
Third: I don't know that they were on their way to have it replaced or removed
Forth: I don't know that it is unsafe for what they use it for.

Now what do I know..

1. A tag number
2. A city
3. A state
4. What can I do with all that?

a. I can get a name with that tag number
b. I can get a history with that name
c. including spouse names,
d. children names,
e. address,
f. driver license number,,
G. oh yes,, credit score,,

I know I could do it anyway,, but I don't live in Charleston,, I can do all of this from a nice office in "name a country",, Lou

/ Aw.. its just surface rust!
Reasons Lou said. I really dont think the guy driving it really even knows the difference in a tractor and a backhoe, less likely he will be on this page. And as long as someone does not put that tag number in this thread it will likely never be found by any lawyer unless someone on this page referred it or was the lawer, and then they would have to have read this small obscure thread which is now on a tangent.

All that said i dont want to have them claim that i gave them harrasement related to public exposure of a tag and if they wrecked i dont want some sue happy lawyer to say that i neglected to inform the authorities when i saw it allowing this guy to tow a huge 29ft triaxle offshore boat that severed from the vehicle at the rotted decrepid perfectly visible degrated hitch, that resulted in the death of 12 amish children that were crushed to death when the runaway boat crushed the horse buggy that they were riding in on the way to the funeral of thier father.

Again judgeing from the guy in it driving and his "attire" i dont think her or anyone who knows him will ever see this. Now if it was in a little wang video or was used on entertainment tonight or some other "pop" media place he may see it, but i am not worried and have no big quarrels about what i did.

/ Aw.. its just surface rust! #20  
"harassment related to public exposure of a tag"

LOL. I better go blur the license plate out on my truck before I go drive it through public on the way home from work!