Aw.. its just surface rust!

/ Aw.. its just surface rust! #31  
"harassment related to public exposure of a tag"

LOL. I better go blur the license plate out on my truck before I go drive it through public on the way home from work!

I think you better blur it out before driving it or parking it for other reasons, like identity theft according to Lou, and maybe even the safety of your children. The Russian or Chinese mafia might be out there right now snapping photos of people's tags as their vehicles sit quietly in their driveway. Going to have to bring a couple of mine into the garage tonight just to be on the safe side. Might not be able to sleep though because not all of them will fit in the garage. Might have to take the tags off and bring them inside to save myself, but it is a municipal code violation to have a vehicle on the property that is not tagged unless it is garaged. The inspector will probably understand my reasoning, and if not, the judge surely will. If all else fails, need to get Lifelock. What a dilemma. lol

/ Aw.. its just surface rust! #32  
Just a question for everybody: Can anyone other than police identify the owner from the license plate number? Here in Ontario they stopped that many decades ago. As for hiding your plate, it's illegal to have any kind of slightly tinted cover over it, although that's only enforced to harass ricers.

/ Aw.. its just surface rust! #33  
Too many lawyers on this thread.

/ Aw.. its just surface rust!
Just a question for everybody: Can anyone other than police identify the owner from the license plate number? Here in Ontario they stopped that many decades ago. As for hiding your plate, it's illegal to have any kind of slightly tinted cover over it, although that's only enforced to harass ricers.

yes , but they wont do it for ***** n giggles or cause you want to beat up the guy or something? If he robbed my house or shed and I saw him drive off and got the plate yes they will track down the owner of that car, not necessarily the one who stole my stuff though. THey could of stolen the car or been lent it then done the deed.

/ Aw.. its just surface rust! #35  
A bit late here in response to this thread but it amazes me that anybody with a shred of common sense would try to tow anything with a hitch in that condition. The Jeep appears to be about a 2001 model, and I wonder how the hitch got so corroded. I have a Y2K GMC that has gone thru Michigan salt seasons since it was new and the hitch only has "surface rust" :laughing: and BTW I have posted a picture of my truck here with the rear plate visible and I don't give a bleep if somebody knows my plate number.

/ Aw.. its just surface rust! #36  

Yes, some people have access to some of the DMV/MVA records. When I was clerking at a personal injury law office, we had the ability to access the MVA records and run tags searches to see if a vehicle was insured and to run driver's licenses to see what a driver's record looked like. However, not every Tom, Dick, and Harry has access to the MVA records and I am pretty sure the MVA knew exactly which records we looked at since they charged us on a per record basis. Think it was something like $6 per record back then.

/ Aw.. its just surface rust! #38  
Naahhh, that'll buff right out !

Fun trailer stuff on the road..... buddy snapped a pic last summer, bottom of 400 hwy in Toronto (10 laner).

Late Friday afternoon traffic, SUV with NY plate heading north with a mesh 5' long platform in the receiver, filled with about 6 gas cans. Makes sense, our gas prices suck.

But, the old can on the end has the flat cap missing that seals the funnel.... No Worries, they used a MIL spec sandwich baggie to screw under the cap. Needless to say, it was leaking fuel. Guess the guy could afford a late model SUV and the receiver platform, but not a new gas can.

Even if I wasn't a motorcycle rider, I would have called that one in.

I'm sure the SUV driver didn't give a rat's *** about what was going on behind him...... up until somebody sitting in traffic fired a cig butt out the window...... :fiery:

It's not getting any better out there......

Rgds, D.