AZ ranch

/ AZ ranch #1,511  
Thank you for sharing your build with the world. I binge read your 12 yr history today. Captivating!

I am retiring to a ranch in New Mexico, with a straw bale home to build there. Currently rebuilding a Massey Ferguson 135 D.

How is Steve's? your assistant in erection of the logs leg?
Where were you assisting with a log home back in '11 or '12 while waiting on permitting? Williams area?

Seeing the wire mesh around your plantings, have you considered solar electric fence 2 or 3 strand would keep larger animals at bay.
Blessings
CB

/ AZ ranch
#1,512  
Thank you for sharing your build with the world. I binge read your 12 yr history today. Captivating!

I am retiring to a ranch in New Mexico, with a straw bale home to build there. Currently rebuilding a Massey Ferguson 135 D.

How is Steve's? your assistant in erection of the logs leg?
Where were you assisting with a log home back in '11 or '12 while waiting on permitting? Williams area?

Seeing the wire mesh around your plantings, have you considered solar electric fence 2 or 3 strand would keep larger animals at bay.
Blessings
CB
His leg is fine. He gets a little arthritis when it rains.

i was helping a friend build just outside of Winslow.

i have been meaning to look into solar electrical fence.

/ AZ ranch #1,513  
His leg is fine. He gets a little arthritis when it rains.

i was helping a friend build just outside of Winslow.

Mr. Fuller From the weather reports you have had a interesting weather mix.
is your new plant-growing building able to stay warm enough to grow plants?
A family here built a room in their home to do this but the white flies and mold were a problem.
Good to see you're still doing well.
ken

/ AZ ranch
#1,514  
is your new plant-growing building able to stay warm enough to grow plants?
A family here built a room in their home to do this but the white flies and mold were a problem.
Good to see you're still doing well.
ken
Yes, it’s staying warm enough. I have kale, carrots, beets, sweet potatoes, tomatoes and broccoli growing so far. Haven’t harvested anything yet but getting close.

/ AZ ranch
#1,515  
I’m building “cages” around my fruit trees. I started with a 4 ft fence to keep out javelina. Then a deer ate one of my apple trees, so I put a 6 ft fence just inside the 4 ft fence. Those two fences kept the deer, cows, and javelina out, but then the birds ate the fruit before we could pick it, so now I have cages with fencing and netting all around. And besides eating the fruit, the yellow-bellied sap-suckers killed my peach tree by removing too much bark. They did considerable damage to the cherry trees also, so now the trees appear to be safe. We’ll see. 😄
IMG_0390.jpeg

/ AZ ranch
#1,516  
I know, it would be cheaper to just buy the fruit. But it’s the challenge and the principle, I guess.

/ AZ ranch #1,517  
I have my fruit trees inside my dog yard. The dog yard is about an acre. I also have my raised veggie beds inside the dog yard. Hogs, deer, coons, rabbits, and armadillos are all kept out by my six Akita's. So far, birds haven't been an issue.

18157989_10213067810112606_4128921415977255943_n.jpg

/ AZ ranch
#1,519  
Yes there is a lot of clay, but the previous owners had a perc test done, and it was okay.

/ AZ ranch
#1,520  
IMG_0394.jpeg

I planted some asparagus crowns 10 days ago and they are going like gangbusters. I’m backfilling the trench about 2-3 inches a day the past few days and some shoots are 3-4 inches taller the next day.