B 26 backhoe running slower and slower

/ B 26 backhoe running slower and slower
I think a flow meter and pressure test is in order to reaffirm the tractors hyd's is putting out the specified flow and pressure.

If the tractor hyd is working correctly, then there is something giving you the perception that the BH is slower than new .

If the BH valve is rated for the tractor flow, maybe the relief valve is not set right. It should be the same as tractor or FEL relief valve.

BH hyd components may just be worn, causing a loss of speed and power.

Is engine rpm up to max or recommend speed for BH operation.

If you install a hyd gage where you can see it while operating the BH, it will help you trouble shoot and analyze the hyd system.

With only 220 hours on the meter on the commercial quality B26 I dont think anything would be worn out at this stage. I will check the controls to make sure the nuts on the toggles havent loosened off. That happened on my Yanmar FEL joystick once and I had to tighten all of them up to make the valve work. I will do that tomorrow weather permitting and while in the control panel look for a separate RV for the backhoe.

I bought my pressure gauge on line at BXpanded.com. They will send you the one for your tractor, and show you were to hook it up, and tell what shims to use which come with.
Gonna check out that website and see what they have for the B26.

/ B 26 backhoe running slower and slower #33  
Here's what I've found so far:

Typical Properties: Super UDT2 Fluid

Gravity, degree API: 34.5
Viscosity @ -40* C, cP: 16000
Viscosity @ 100* C, cSt: 8.1
Viscosity @ 40* C, cSt: 37
Viscosity Index: 199
Pour Point, *C max: -42
Zinc, % wt.: 0.1122

AMSOIL Synthetic Tractor Hydraulic/Transmission Oil (ATH)

SAE Viscosity: 5W-30
Brookfield Viscosity (ASTM D 2983) @ -40*C: 19243
Kinematic Viscosity @ 100*C, cSt (ASTM D 445): 9.8
Kinematic Viscosity @ 40*C, cSt (ASTM D 445): 53.7
Viscosity Index (ASTM D 2270): 170
Pour Point *C (*F) (ASTM D 97): -50 (-58)

Most of the viscosity numbers are better for the Amsoil, but the SUDT2 has a fairly significantly better Viscosity Index, which is extremely important to determine quality of oil throughout the full temperature range during use. Tough to know which oil is better, but I don't plan on using anything other than SUDT2 during the warranty period.

Gary, I brought up the SUDT2 issue in case you can't figure out what is hampering performance after exhausting all the other options, then you may want to try making the change to the SUDT2 and see if that fixes the issue. If you haven't been using it, I am pretty confident that you are losing performance, based on what I've seen switching from UDT to SUDT2. It's not a cheap try, but if it works, it'll definitely be worth the expense, and from what I can determine, the SUDT2 is one of the best fluids available. Good luck.

/ B 26 backhoe running slower and slower #34  
Gary, sorry about taking so long but I just got back to the thread. the relief is behind the right rear wheel.

/ B 26 backhoe running slower and slower #35  
With only 220 hours on the meter on the commercial quality B26 I dont think anything would be worn out at this stage. I will check the controls to make sure the nuts on the toggles havent loosened off. That happened on my Yanmar FEL joystick once and I had to tighten all of them up to make the valve work. I will do that tomorrow weather permitting and while in the control panel look for a separate RV for the backhoe.

Gary, Did they actually check your tractor with a guage set or flow/load meter..??

If they didn't, then it would be like hiring an electrician without a volt/ohm/amp meter......yes/no..??

testing it with the proper test equipment would only rule out any pump troubles (which hopefully you don't have) and help find proper RV settings.......which only takes minutes to test

Gary, sorry about taking so long but I just got back to the thread. the relief is behind the right rear wheel.

Does this mean you have to remove the tire to get to the relief valve?

Gary, Did they actually check your tractor with a guage set or flow/load meter..??

If they didn't, then it would be like hiring an electrician without a volt/ohm/amp meter......yes/no..??

testing it with the proper test equipment would only rule out any pump troubles (which hopefully you don't have) and help find proper RV settings.......which only takes minutes to test
They only checked it for function and said it looked like everything was working correctly. Took it to their rock pile and dug for an hour and said it didnt seem slow. Total waist of time and money especially since I specifically asked for a pressure check on the RV. Big dealer too and thats the kind of service one gets.They not only got 2 hours of labor for nothing done but also got another chunk of money from me for filters for B26 and RTV900 + about 4 gallons of SUDT oil.

/ B 26 backhoe running slower and slower #38  
They only checked it for function and said it looked like everything was working correctly. Took it to their rock pile and dug for an hour and said it didnt seem slow. Total waist of time and money especially since I specifically asked for a pressure check on the RV. Big dealer too and thats the kind of service one gets.They not only got 2 hours of labor for nothing done but also got another chunk of money from me for filters for B26 and RTV900 + about 4 gallons of SUDT oil.

I just don't get it....if they are in the tractor business then they should have the necessary tools to diagnose a hyd system.....I get equipment owners all the time that just want a diagnosis and some are too cheap to pay for my time to setup the flow-meter, but in this case it's the exact opposite.....here you are a paying customer with no answers.....:thumbdown:

Funny how an independent repair shop would get lamb-basted if he passed on the same results, but the company with the big signs get the "Well, They have overhead".....

(Sorry for the rant)

Here's how I would determine if the hyd system was putting out properly

Kubota Flow/Load Meter Test - Tractor Videos - Kubota, John Deere, New Holland and More

/ B 26 backhoe running slower and slower #39  
FWIW Gary, I'd do it for you free if you were nearby...;).