Oil & Fuel B 3030 HSDC (fuel annihilation)

/ B 3030 HSDC (fuel annihilation) #1  

lawn_king

Veteran Member
Tractor
kubota L 3540 hsdc,B 2320 hsdc & lots of other stuff!
I core aerated 12 acres today (rolling hills). Due to the extreme dry conditions i had to run the aerator with 900 lbs of weight, due to the 450 lb aerator and weight i had to operate in 4 wheel drive to pull the hills, due to the hot sun i had to run the AC.12 gallons of diesel in 7 hours, holy mackerel!!!

/ B 3030 HSDC (fuel annihilation) #2  
King, I don't have it in front of me but I remember reading before I brought my B3030c That the fuel burn on a ROP's 3030 model at full load was 1.25 gals per hr. IE 7 hrs X 1.25 = 8.75 gals. I'll assume the remaining 3.25 gallons was due to the A/C. Frank

/ B 3030 HSDC (fuel annihilation) #3  
Lawn King-You must be trying to set a record for B3030HSDC fuel consumption. If so,I believe you've suceeded. I certainly sounds like the tractor couldn't be worked much harder. I haven't had to work our new tractor like yours that hard yet,but haven't seen anywhere that bad a fuel usage rate. Not that I'm in a hurry for winter,but I'll be real curious as to the fuel consumption of the 3030 using that 63" front snowblower I just had to have. Good Day.

/ B 3030 HSDC (fuel annihilation)
Hello frank, the cab weighs an additional 400 lbs. that with the ac and 4 wheel drive ate up the extra fuel. I was shocked when i looked down and my fuel gage was in the red. Pulling those hills was as hard as i have ever worked my tractor!

number two said:
Lawn King-You must be trying to set a record for B3030HSDC fuel consumption. If so,I believe you've suceeded. I certainly sounds like the tractor couldn't be worked much harder. I haven't had to work our new tractor like yours that hard yet,but haven't seen anywhere that bad a fuel usage rate. Not that I'm in a hurry for winter,but I'll be real curious as to the fuel consumption of the 3030 using that 63" front snowblower I just had to have. Good Day.
I also have that 63 front blower #2. I cant tell you much about it because the past 2 winters here have been very mild? It's a beautiful machine, looks great sitting in the corner of my shop sleeping!

/ B 3030 HSDC (fuel annihilation) #6  
I'm glad you posted on this. I thought it was just me. I'm burning more fuel with my 3030 than with my previous NH TC21D. I was shocked at the amount of fuel I'm running thru. But then it's a larger engine, heavier machine, larger mowing deck, and I'm running the a/c. I thought I'd use a little more fuel but hadn't taken all these items into account till after I was surprised :eek: at the fuel consumption.

/ B 3030 HSDC (fuel annihilation) #7  
Ah,the great fuel consumption debate lives on. Assuming engine efficiency being equal,then horsepower produced should be proportional with fuel consumed. One would think the power was used somewhere.

Lawn King-Since you're a frequent & enthusiastic poster,may I ask a question? I'm guessing you do your own service,and was wondering what hydraulic fluid you're using(UDT,SUDT,etc.)? My 50 hour service will be coming along-just trying to decide what to use. And there's so many threads on the subject! Oh,if you don't get to try out that B2782 blower,I have no doubt I will sometime this season-always do. Thank You in advance.

Yes i do all my own service # 2, in fact im just about due for my second full hydraulic service. I have used kubota sudt fluid and will continue to use it, shell rotella 15/40 in the engine, 90 weight gear oil in the front axle, white lithium grease.

/ B 3030 HSDC (fuel annihilation) #9  
Lawn King-Thank you for that. Dealer says UDT has been fine for years so why spend more? I've gathered SUDT flows better in cold weather,and the hydro trans operates smoother and quieter. Those reasons would be worth the premium price for SUDT. I haven't yet decided on motor oil,but I'm thinking of a 10W30,maybe even a Kubota oil. Don't see it around here in any other brand. I'm thinking about lower viscosities for winter because I'm not always the best warm-up person-I end up being in a hurry sometimes,and have to operate the equipment before a long warm-up period. I used Rotella 5
W40 synthetic oil in the B1750 just for ease of starting-those old direct drive starters just don't crank like these reduction gear starters do. But this tractor is way too new for synthetic oil.

Lawn King-How close does 4 quarts come to filling the engine crankcase after an oil change? Owners manual says 4.3 quarts. Just would like to get by with a gallon if close as opposed to have extra sitting around opened. I've always liked the black moly grease,and will change to 80W90 gear libe in the front axle at some time in the future. Thank you again.

The engine takes the full 4.3 qts # 2, you will use that extra half qt somewhere im sure.