Oil & Fuel B 3030 HSDC (fuel annihilation)

/ B 3030 HSDC (fuel annihilation) #11  
Lawn King-Thank you for that. I figured you would know that. You seem well versed in B3030HSDC. Good Day.

/ B 3030 HSDC (fuel annihilation) #12  
I doubt using 4wd increased your fuel consumption. In fact, trying to do the same job without 4wd may have used more fuel.

I have been amazed at the fuel effieicency of my L4400. It just seems like I never have to put fuel in it. I've done lots of mowing, FEL work and a bit of mixed boxblade work. However, I recently started using a 14" 2 bottom plow in dry, unplowed dirt. This is usually in 2/lo, near pto rpms and boy does it ever start sucking gas.

Point is, run at higher rpms with a constant, heavy load and down goes the fuel economy.

/ B 3030 HSDC (fuel annihilation) #13  
kubotafan said:
Can anyone give a comparison on fuel consumption between the four cylinder B3030 and the three cylinder L3430?

No, but is the slightly older GL 3410 HST 4x4 close enough? (Same engine)

I get about 1 hour per gallon for most chores with about 1.25 gal / hour for heavy ground work.

If it was HOT, keeping the air holes on the side of the hood / grill clear and the screens on the radiator and hydraulic cooler clean will reduce fuel consumption. I've noticed that when running normal the temp gauge is between the first 2 marks. When running hot, it is about mid gauge and when there it seems to use more fuel. Just my gut talking....

jb

/ B 3030 HSDC (fuel annihilation)
My machine has been ok on fuel for the most part, this aeration shocked me on the consumption, but i have to keep in mind i was pulling a 1500 lb. ground engaging implement over rolling hills.