B2150 Alternator Output

/ B2150 Alternator Output #1  

TimP

Platinum Member
Tractor
B3000HSDCC
Hi. I have a B2150 and wanted to add some LED work lights.

Since I will be using LED lamps, the Wattage draw will be less than a standard type bulb.

But does anyone know how much wattage draw I can add to the B2150 with the standard alternator ?

I have seen LED lights which draw anywhere from 12 to 35 watts each.

I plan to use the little extra electrical connector under the right rear fender to hook the lights up.

Ideally, I would add one facing forward and one facing backward to be used mostly at night, when I do snow removal with the bucket and rear snow thrower.

Thanks for any help.

/ B2150 Alternator Output #2  
stock dynamo was about 12A max, stay low wattage and you'll be OK.

/ B2150 Alternator Output
stock dynamo was about 12A max, stay low wattage and you'll be OK.

Hi Marty. Thanks for that info.

Any idea what the stock headlights draw in amps ?

Thanks again.

Tim

/ B2150 Alternator Output #4  
Sorry I don't know offhand, I find them useless, so I upgraded the alternator and put real lights up high. Not cheap but worth it for me over the long haul.

Marty.

I know that there is a higher output alternator to be foudn somewhere for the B2150.

But I don't have the details to help me look for it.

I'll keep investigating further and maybe I can find the info and get my hands on the larger alternator and the parts I need to do the installation.

Thanks agin.

Tim

/ B2150 Alternator Output #6  
I put 55w round utility lights on mine and notice as I run the tractor at around 600-1000 rpm that slowly the lights go dim, though if I rev it up to say 1800 to 2000 they remain bright. I was thinking of putting these on my truck and finding LED's I am not sure of the amp draw on these lights but it overpowers the alt. at idle

Combustix,

The LED lights do seem to draw a LOT less amps than the standard bulbs.

The 27 watt LED Lights I am looking at draw less than 2 amps each.

I have sent an email to the seller asking for the exact amp draw, but his ad claims they draw about 1/2 of the regular lights.

They are shockproof/resistant, waterproof, high lumens with a very pure lights equalling daylight qiuality.

Plus, they will supposedly last for 10,000 hours.

But..... they ain't cheap.

Here is a link to the the ebay seller I am looking at, plus he has a regular website.

2PC Square 10-35V 27watt 2000lm Wide Angle Flood Heavy Duty Work Lamp WATERPROOF | eBay

You may have to copy & paste the link.

He has 18 watt, 27 watt and 35 watt. Available in Spot or flood. ( I would get the floods.)

/ B2150 Alternator Output #8  
Tim,
I posted the full upgrade parts list a few years ago after Ronnie located it for me. Post should still be here. Unfortunately I couldn't come up with a low budget shop fab workaround, so it was about 5-600 bucks.

Hi Marty.

I did several searches and couldn't find it, but I'll keep trying different search terms etc.

Thank you for all of your help.

Tim

/ B2150 Alternator Output #10  
Watts=Volts x Amps. So if you have 27 watt light, it is drawing slightly more than 2 amps (you have 12 volt electrical system). 35 watts would be slightly less than 3 amps. Good enough estimating formula.